2: SIXTH

RAIN

The days went on normal and I got to know more about the new employees. I found out that Phayu actually came from Saint National Bank which is affiliated with Air Bank. Others also came from other private banks and companies which makes me relieved since it meant that they had job experiences which also means that training them would be easy. 

"Repayment schedule, disclosure, promissory note, warranty, and file folder, that's how you sort these documents. Half of you will be doing the 20XX to 20XX while others will organize the latest ones." I instructed the newbies as they nodded in response before getting to work.

There's not much to do right now since it's the first week of the month and having six new employees means I have six people to order around as a newly promoted senior teller. It's a given for me to monitor them since the accounting assistant and bookkeepers are too preoccupied for this. Good thing Alliyah's still here which makes it easier for me to leave my post from time to time. However, her due's coming up so I have to train one to relieve her position.

..

"Hey, I'm done with my break. Your turn." Alliyah called as she sat back on her chair making me smile.

"Don't strain yourself too much and call me if clients pile up, okay?" I told her as she nodded in response.

Tellers usually have minimal break schedules because clients might suddenly come in. Given that it's just the first week of the month, a ten-minute break wouldn't hurt and it should be spent leisurely.

Looking around, the coffee kitchen was rather silent. Well nobody usually takes a break during this time since I had Alliyah take her break along with the others. It's somewhat nice and lonely the same time.

"Eh? The Japanese version is out?" I told myself as I placed my coffee on the high table while checking my phone.

I have been waiting for the Japanese version of one of my favorite song and I totally forgot about it because of the recent events. Looking around to make sure no one was around, I smiled before playing the music video. Watching my favorite singers like this sure takes me back. I would buy their albums and would go to their concerts every chance I got. I miss those times that my heart only yearned for these guys. Even if they didn't know me and I only got to see them from afar, they really made my life less difficult and lonesome.

"Oh, Japanese version?" a voice suddenly asked as I got back to my senses and saw Phayu standing beside me, looking at my phone while smiling.

"Y-you know them?" I asked since it's not often that people in this line of work are familiar to idols.

"Yeah, I mean, who doesn't?" he chuckled as his eyes were still glued on the screen.

I'm not sure why but I kind of felt happy knowing that someone in my workplace actually knows them. Others often talk about movies and other stuff so I never got a chance to talk about idols and my favorite songs. Watching and listening to the music I like with someone really feels refreshing.

"Damn, Felix." He commented at one of the members which made me chuckle.

"I know right? That voice and that face, damn." I agreed as he nodded.

"He looks so fine. You know I would date him if I had the chance." Phayu suddenly said as I looked his way.

It's understandable that idols attract even the same sex. Then again, I know Phayu didn't mean it in any other way. Just one look and I can tell he's one of those straight guys that could openly appreciate good looks.

"You mean if you were a girl?" I mumbled unconsciously as if trying to confirm what I had in my mind.

"I mean if I had the chance. You know, if he likes me too." Phayu corrected making me stare at him, that was not the answer I was expecting.