22: STANDARD 100

RAIN

"Close your eyes. Everything will be alright." Phayu said in that sweet tone I've always missed as he faced Kuea and closed his eyes, as if admitting defeat.

No. No. Stop this. Please stop.

"How noble." I heard Kuea snicker out a laugh making me glare at him.

I then watched in confusion as Kuea pointed his gun to the roof making me immediately turn to Phayu. A man suddenly appeared from behind him with a steel pipe in his hand and slowly made his way to Phayu. In sync, Kuea pulled the trigger and the man hit Phayu on his head making him fall to the ground.

"Bang. Gotcha." Kuea said as he threw the gun to the man who just hit Phayu.

Trying to keep up with what's happening, I felt a sting on my back as I felt the numbness slowly fade.

"Okay, okay. Deep breaths now." I heard Dion say but I can't even breathe from all the crying.

Dion then stood in front of me, leaning to my level before untying the rope that bound my hands. He then slowly pulled the tape on my mouth before taking out a handkerchief and wiping my face with it.

"My crybaby, I'm so sorry about this." Dion said with an unfamiliar tone making me look at his face.

This is the first time I'm seeing Dion look like this, his eyes were droopy and looked at me with that gloomy expression I've never seen before. Dion then looked at me and that same light in his eyes came back the moment we met eyes as he smiled that same smile he always had.

"There, all clean." He said before standing straight and leaving.

I slowly felt my body go back to normal as I tried to move my fingers, forming a fist as I stared at the unconscious Phayu on the floor.

Hearing footsteps, my eyes turned to the man strutting his way to me. I glared as Kuea stood in front of me and I was taken aback when he held my knees together before sitting on it, his whole body facing me while on my lap.

With the numbness easing, I stretched my neck away when Kuea placed his hand on my cheek and his face only inches away from me. I tried to move my face away from him but he held my chin and forced me to look at him.

"Aww, don't look at me like that Rainy-pie. You're huwting my feewings." Kuea baby-talked as he pressed my cheeks and shook my head making me glare at him even more.

"How does it feel? Having the future leader wrapped around your little finger?" Kuea suddenly asked making me blink at his sudden change of tone.

"Ironic, isn't it? How the strongest ones always fall for the weak? Every. Fucking. Time."

Kuea's looked dazed as if he's remembering something else, like he's not actually talking about me but about someone else. I saw Kuea's eyes flutter a few times before looking back at me with that same sinister look. Was I just imagining his dazed look seconds ago?

"This is how weak you are, Rain. You are a burden for someone like Phayu and I want you to understand that." Kuea said making me feel guilty.

Looking at it, Kuea has a point. I am nothing like him, nothing like them. Months ago, I was just a normal broke-hearted salary man. Who would've thought that in a short span of time, I'd fall for a man I barely knew, kidnapped, locked up in a mansion, finding out that the man I fell for was a mafia boss, and now I'm joining an underground organization which I have no fucking idea what's for other than from the fact that they kill people.

"Being with him will put you in these situations, even worse. You can't expect us to be there to save your ass every single time." Kuea said almost letting out a chuckle as he cupped my cheeks with both hands.