14: MAFIA

RAIN

Mafia boss, you've got to be kidding me.

It's been a day since I woke up and Phayu hasn't come here, not even once. Sig and Por said that Phayu visited when I was asleep and kept telling me that he's probably busy but they never answer me straight when I ask what he's actually busy about. I can't help but think about the possibility that Phayu is really a mafia boss.

I sat on the bed as I stared at the boxes piled in front of me. I wanted to clean up but not seeing Phayu just makes me lazier by the minute.

"Hey Venice! You rascal, when the fuck are you coming home? Pete hyung's been—oh? You are?" The man that suddenly barged in asked as I looked at him in surprise.

He doesn't look familiar but judging from the way he called Phayu 'rascal', I'm guessing he's somehow related to him.

"H-hello. I'm Rain." I introduced as he looked at me from head to toe.

"Rain? Like Rain-Rain? Damn, he really did it huh?" The man said and he looked rather amused at finding out who I was.

"Ah. By the way, name's Macau, Venice's uncle." This Macau guy said as he reached for a handshake.

"Nice to meet you—" I was cut-off when Macau suddenly pulled me towards him as soon as I met his handshake.

I stared at his face and I could tell that he's really good-looking. If his uncle is this handsome, I'm getting more curious of his father's face.

"Cute." Macau suddenly said as I got to my senses.

I quickly let go of his hand and took a step backwards, this is awkward.

"Hahaha chill, Rain. I'm not gonna eat you. Why don't we grab some snacks?" Macau suggested making me look at him.

"Phayu told me to stay in here... sir." I answered as he broke out a loud laugh.

"Seriously? He already got you wrapped around his finger? Talk about talent hahaha!" Macau laughed making me feel annoyed but I have to hold it in, he is Phayu's uncle.

"What do you mean?" I asked and he managed to stop himself from laughing.

"You know, he got that talent from Pete hyung. He just has a way to take control of people without them noticing it." Macau explained as I felt frustrated.

Come to think of it, Phayu's been rather demanding since I got here. He tells me to stay here and I blindly oblige, staying here like a dog waiting for his master.

"That bastard. I won't let him do this to me!" I blurted out of frustration, not minding what Macau would say about my outburst.

"Right! You shouldn't!" Macau surprisingly agreed as he placed his hand on my shoulder and lightly pushed me towards the door.

"Totally! I can leave this room whenever I want and he can't tell me otherwise!"

"That's the spirit!" Macau encouraged me more making feel like leaving this room.

I then watched Macau as he reached out for the doorknob and pull the door open.

"Oh shi—Venice! You're gonna give me a heart attack!" Macau took a step back as Phayu stood in front the door with serious look on his face.

"Someone's having fun." Phayu said as our eyes met making me feel anxious.

"Oy Ven, your dads' anniversary is coming up. You know that, right?" Macau reminded him but Phayu's not answering, he just stared at the hand on my shoulder.

This is bad. I don't want to assume anything but I have a feeling that something will happen to me if I don't make a move. I slowly took a step backwards before shrugging off Macau's hand and it seemed like he got the message.