11: SMILEY

RAIN

I laid on my bed, staring at the ceiling and trying to understand everything. The fact that I had sex with Phayu in my old unit still bothers me. For some reason, I have a strange feeling about it. Though there's a chance that it's just a coincidence, him using my birthday as his passcode is still bothering. But what if the numbers meant something else for him?

"Ugh... my head hurts..." I mumbled as I tried to get up.

It's been two days since I saw Phayu and it's the weekend so I get to rest for one more day. With a drink in my hand, the memories of that night began flashing in front of me. I can't deny how great he is in bed but it's just too good to be true. Having a man like him is too perfect that I'm starting to get scared that everything will eventually end.

"Rain, you're being paranoid." I told myself as I grabbed my phone hoping I'd see a familiar name but there's nothing.

Phayu, who the hell are you?

Wait. He just lives next door but I never heard anything from him. He probably knows I live just beside him, right? Was he just going to fuck me and go? Was all those caring and sweetness mere bullshits?

Now I'm mad. How dare he fuck the hell out of me and do nothing. Well, I did initiate it but still! I need to talk to that bastard.

..

"Phayu! Phayu!" I called out as I knocked on his door but no one answered.

Looking at the lock, I'm tempted to actually punch in my birthdate just to confirm that it really is his passcode but I can't. I'm scared of what I'll see if I just get in on my own.

"Rain?" a voice called making me turn to my left, it's the landlord.

"Ah, sir Patrick. Hi." I greeted as he looked at me before looking at the door.

Looking from his point, he might get the wrong idea, I have to explain or at least make up some reason.

"A-uhm, the guy living here. I wanted to talk to him hehe." I reasoned and I saw his expression change.

"Oh, you mean Venice?" he said making my brows furrow.

"Venice? Isn't he Phayu?" I asked.

"Ah, Phayu, right. That's his second name haha. I got used to calling him Venice since he was a kid. Do you know him?" Patrick asked as I got more confused.

"We work at the same bank. You mean you knew this guy personally?" I asked as he chuckled.

"Family friends. It's just weird that I'm seeing him more often now. He never actually slept here since he rented the place."

Weird. It's freaking weird. Phayu, no. Venice has rented the unit since three years ago but only began coming here recently. Does this have anything to do with me moving here? Venice... Venice... I feel like I've heard that name before but where? When?

"Rain? I think someone's calling you." I heard Patrick call out making me look at my phone.

"A-ah. Uhm, I have to take this." I said and he smiled before waving his hand.

I got in my apartment and once again looked at my phone, it's Sky. That's right, he might know who Venice is.

"Hey. Your dad called me. He's asking if you were really dating that Phayu guy hahaha." Sky said as soon as I answered making me roll my eyes.

"What did you say?" I asked, I can't believe dad really asked him.

"Well, yes. I had a gut feeling that's what you'd want me to say." He said on the other line making me let out a sigh of relief.