21: CIPHER

RAIN

Following father's instructions, I drove three hours outside the city to reach a movie theater. It's obviously old, basing on the structure, but I can see how it's well maintained. However, it rather looks abandoned, not a person could be seen around the area. I didn't even know this place existed until today.

Stepping in, I felt a familiar feeling upon walking through the corridor. It's the same feeling I had while staying at the mansion, as if I'm being watched from afar. Taking a deep breath, I walked in the dark room and saw a movie playing on the big screen. I scanned the whole room and saw a man seated on the middle seat of the first row. Though it's dim, I'm sure it's him.

"Rain. You've grown." The man said as soon as I got near, having a seat on the chair two seats away from him.

"Thanks to my dad, that is." I couldn't help but be bitter as I looked at the screen, trying hard to compose myself.

"Right. Type really did a great job." I heard him say.

Odd. I know he's my father but he feels nothing but a stranger. I couldn't feel any connection from him. Was it because I never knew him that I don't seem to long for his presence as much as I first thought? Or was it because of what he did to dad? Either way, it's not what I'm here for.

"I'm not here to talk about the man you left." I said as I finally turned to him.

Gazing at his face, I can his uncanny resemblance to my sisters. I've always wondered where they got their looks since I look just like our dad. Seeing him up close explains everything. Hooded eyes just like Sunny's and thin lips similar to Winter, he really is our father.

"I almost forgot. What do you want?" He asked as he looked back at me.

"Phayu... who is he?" I asked, my heart racing as soon as those words escaped my lips.

Though it's dim, I saw the side of his lips curve to a small smirk before looking away.

"As I thought. He really overdid himself." Father said making me stare at him, more like glare since he's not saying anything worth knowing.

"He's... a close friend's son. And I was in charge of his training." He said.

"Training?" I asked making him look at me.

"I trained him since he was until he grew up to be an excellent man of his craft." He said almost boasting making me roll my eyes.

"Well at least one of us has you growing up." I mumbled in sarcasm.

"I didn't expect he would actually approach you. I didn't see it coming." Father said after being quiet for a while.

"So it's on you? That I'm in this shitty situation?"

"Shitty? If that's what you call it, I suppose." He said with a chuckle making me feel more agitated, I don't see how this is even funny.

Noticing that I wasn't having as much fun as he is, father cleared his throat before looking front at the screen.

"Phayu was rather a very jealous child and he didn't like sharing people that are close to him with other people. He got curious when he saw your picture in my wallet and a few days later, I heard he enrolled to a school close to yours. I still remember how surprised I was when he came home looking like a nerd with glasses and a fucking wig." He said as he smiled.

Glasses and a wig? Was it a disguise? To approach me?

If I remember correctly, I first saw him getting cornered by some bullies at an alley. There's no way he intentionally did that too?