Chapter 05

"Congratulations Khushi. I knew you could do that"

"Thank you, Di. It's all because of you and Bhabhi"

"We only encouraged you, but you took the step and moved forward. Now, nothing can stop you, isn't it Payal?"

"Exactly Di, Khushi, you have gone through a lot and now it's your time to enjoy your life. Do not just dwell on studies. Make some friends, got out with them"

Khushi hugged both Payal and Anjali. Finally, she is free from her shell. Finally, she can be herself again and finally, she feels she is worth something. 

No one decided to talk about who got her to the Uni since both Anjali and Payal were convinced it was Lavanya and they said the same to Akash. Only Khushi knew what's the truth and she is going to get it out from Ravan 2.0 somehow. 

The day passed and it was nighttime. Khushi didn't want to talk to Arnav in front of others. So she waited inside her room until it is safe to talk to him. Her heart was beating faster than ever, she felt like a kid who is about to steal cookies from the cookie jar. She was afraid because he intimidate her each time they meet. But she must know the truth. 

Arnav had a long day at work. He expected to come home early but one thing after another kept him going. By the time he reached home his energy levels were down and all he wanted to do was to have a nice shower and sleep. 

Khushi saw Arnav's room light turning on and she realized he is home. 

"I should give him a few minutes to freshen up. He normally has his coffee by the poolside so maybe I can catch him then"

Thought Khushi and she waited patiently for him to come out. As expected after several minutes Arnav came out with his coffee mug. 

He sat on his usual chair but unlike other days, he pushed his head back and closed his eyes. He was tired to the core. But without having his coffee he cannot sleep. Coffee before sleep is his weakness. 

Khushi slowly opened the sliding door in her room and tiptoed towards Arnav. But she felt disappointed when she saw his eyes closed. Khushi thought Arnav is sleeping. She waited a few minutes to see if he woke up but then decided to go back to her room without disturbing him. He looked tired. 

Arnav who was not asleep felt someone near him and it only took him a few seconds to figure out who that person is. If it was her sister, brother, or Shyam they wouldn't wait like that, they would just come and talk to him. This has to be her. 

Khushi turned around and was about to take her step toward her room when heard him from the back. 

"Do you need anything or you are here to just stare at me? If it's the latter, then take a photo and stare at that. If it's the former, then speak up"

Khushi turned around and her heart was thumping hard. That voice, she was shaken. Then she saw him. His head was still pushed back, his eyes were still closed. So how did he know it was her?

"..I...I....."

"As I told you before when you find the words after I..I..I.. call me"

"I mean, I... you... sleep..."

"What?"

"I thought you were sleeping"

"Now you know I was not. Speak up, do you need anything?"

"It sounds like you don't want to talk to me. I know you hate me but.... forget about it. I will go. Sorry if I disturbed you"

Saying that she turned around and started walking toward her room.