Chapter 30

Arnav, Akash, and Rohan came out of that place with equally confused minds. No one knew what to do. Looks like Shyam has everything planned and the worst part is they don't know his plan. But he knew about them. He knew Payal is pregnant, and he knew about Arnav and Khushi. Who is this mole?

"Bhai, Rohan, I don't know where to start. Who is giving all this information to Shyam?"

"Do you trust everyone working in the house? The kitchen staff, house help, the driver, etc?"

"Yes Rohan, they've been with us even before Di's marriage. Also, we never talked or planned anything in front of them. So there is no way they would know. They might have an idea something is going on, but that's it"

"Yes Rohan, as bhai said. Even when we exposed Shyam, no staff were present. So there is no way one of them be the mole"

"We are more confused than before. I thought by visiting Javed we will be able to clear our confusion but it turned the other way"

"I know Rohan"

Saying that Arnav continued to drive silently. No one spoke. Because all three of them were busy trying to think who could be the mole.

Arnav's mind worked faster than others. He tried to put two together. Shyam didn't know about everything. He didn't know they were on to him, he didn't know about their plan, and he didn't know Khushi was acting with him because he was genuinely surprised and angry the day he was exposed. So whoever this mole was, that person didn't know about these things.

Then Arnav thought of the things mole shared with Shyam. The person told him Payal is pregnant, and he and Khushi are together now. Basically the general day-to-day information. This clearly means whoever is giving Shyam information does not know he or she is a mole.

At first, Arnav thought it could be Rohan. Because it was Rohan who lost  Shyam while chasing him that day.  But if it was Rohan, Shyam would know about the big plan. He could have prevented himself from being a fugitive.

Then he thought could that be Lavanya? But she has always been nothing but support for Khushi. She was with them every step of the way so if it was her, the same thing. Shyam would have saved himself.

It is definitely not him. He trusted Khushi more than his life so it's not her. His Di will never dig her own grave. So can't be her. Also, all three of them knew the plans from start to end so if any of them were the mole, Shyam would have been saved.

Then there is Akash and Payal. Only these two didn't know about the whole plan. But how can they be the mole? They are family. Akash will never risk his family.

Aman, his assistant is the last one on the list. Aman has been his assistant since his USA days. When Arnav moved to India, Aman also moved back. Aman has always been a loyal employee. Also, Aman knew about the plan to expose Shyam. So he could have easily saved Shyam but he didn't.

After all this thinking, Arnav circled back to the same spot he was before.

"Arnav, can you drop me home on your way?"

"Bhai, aren't you going to the office? I thought we are going there"

"No, you and Rohan can continue but keep me posted. I have to take Payal out. If she misses her afternoon walk, she gets cranky. Seriously, I am so grateful to the person who invented the mobile phone. That keeps her busy during the day. Calling around and talking about pregnancy is her latest hobby. If not for her mobile she wouldn't let me leave the room. These pregnancy hormones I tell you"

"We don't want to know the details, Akash, so yeah, you can go"

Rohan made fun of Akash but these last few words of Akash caused Arnav to think back to his analogy. He just smiled at them but his mind was preoccupied. So soon as Arnav dropped Akash home he turned to Rohan.