Chapter 31

"What do you mean Shyam is planning something? Did you meet him? Did he say something?"

"For the millionth time Khushi, no. We haven't met him. We only met Javed and he is asking for 80 million. But we believe Shyam might be behind this. They used to work together so we can't eliminate the fact that they are not working together now"

"But Arnav, why did Javed work with a person whom he tried to kill and why would Shyam work with a person who crossed him not once, but twice?"

"That only they can answer Khushi. We can only assume and currently anything is possible"

"So what are we going to do? Did he tell you guys how he will pin the murder if we don't pay?"

"Seriously Khushi? The guy is planning something to bring home 80 million so why on the earth does he reveal his plans to us? Especially to the same people who might be paying him that 80 million?"

"I am sorry, but kidnapping and ransom calls are not my forte"

"But you do have common sense don't you?"

"You know what, do whatever you want to do. I am not going to ask any more questions. But do leave me a list of things you would like me to pack when you go to jail"

Saying that Khushi walked out, went to her room, and closed the door behind her locking it.

Arnav knew he overreacted but he had to. As long as Khushi stays angry, she won't ask many questions. He will need to work extra hard to get through to her after this but currently, her safety matters more than his feelings.

"Akash, you look lost. Is everything ok?"

"Everything is fine Payal. You know work stress and all"

"You might need to reduce your workload when I pass my second trimester. I will need your help with many things in my third trimester"

"That is why I am working extra and giving Arnav a little spare time so that when we are in the third trimester I can take off as long as I want"

"That also will give him time to bond with Khushi"

"Yes.. if that's what he wants"

"Why do I feel like you are not happy about them?"

"I am happy Payal, but I think they are rushing. I mean how long they've known each other? They should give each other time to understand"

"And that's what they are doing now. It's not like they want to get married tomorrow. They are talking one step at a time"

"May be I am not thinking straight"

"Yes, because we all saw the attraction between them Akash. And I believe they are meant to be with each other"

"Ok, boss. I am not going to argue with you. Either way, all I want is for both of them to be happy"

"That's like my man. Shall we go to sleep?"

"Yes, I need to go a little early tomorrow. We are getting a new client so I might leave before you wake up"

"That means you can come early?"

"I guess. Arnav is thinking of inviting him for Dinner tomorrow. He is an international client so he does not know anyone around here"

"That's so nice of him"

"Yes, we can discuss the deal and get to know him. Since he is leaving early morning the next day, we will not have much time"

"Don't worry, I know you guys will crack the deal"

"I sure hope so. He hasn't approached anyone else in India and this will be like a pilot run in India. Initially, he wanted to invest in a company that is ready to move half of their businesses to Germery with him. But we managed to convince him"