Chapter 11

"Thank you Mr. Javed, and sorry if I was being harsh"

"Please Mr. Arnav, don't ever let Mr. Shyam know that I was the one who told you his secret"

"You have my word"

Javed left the room and Khushi also turned around to leave the room. She wanted some alone time to digest everything. She still hasn't come out of the shock. Before she could take one more step toward the exit, Arnav grabbed her hand and pulled her toward him.

"What are you doing, let me go"

"Not so easily Khushi"

Saying that he closed the door, locked it, and pushed Khushi towards the door caging her between the door and himself.

"What do you think you are doing? Let me go"

"What do I think I am doing? What do you think you are doing?"

"I don't know what you are talking about, please let me go"

Arnav moved a little closer to Khushi and looked straight into her eyes.

"Let me go"

Arnav moved more towards Khushi and now she could feel his warm breath on her face.

"Damn it, Arnav, let me go"

"So that you can go and check up on him?

"What hell are you talking about?"

"Khushi, tell me the truth, how do you know Shyam?"

"I know him because he is married to my late husband's sister"

"The truth, please. I am trying hard to stay calm here Khushi, do not make me a monster"

"As I told you, I never knew him before my marriage and even after the marriage I never had interactions with him. I haven't spoken more than 10 words to him"

"Why did you avoid him so much? If you have nothing to hide, you could have simply behave normally with him"

"I don't have to give you an explanation for my actions"

"Why? Are you afraid that the truth might come out?"

"Truth, what truth?"

"That you are in love with him?"

"ARNAV"

"Do not raise your voice with me, Khushi"

"How dare you accuse me like this? I would have given an explanation happily if you asked me in a human way. But when you already have your mind set up against me, why bother"

This statement made Arnav realize what he was doing. He quickly let go of Khushi.

"I am sorry Khushi, I shouldn't have behaved liked that but the thought that my Di got cheated clouded my judgment"

Khushi's anger slowly calmed down. She sat on one of the chairs.

"I can understand your pain. Anjali Di is lucky to have a brother like you who is there for her. I wish I had a brother who would have stood up for me like this"

"I am so sorry, you've gone through a lot and I just made that list bigger"

Arnav sat next to her and looked at her. Her face was so innocent, she couldn't even hurt an ant.

"Arnav, I don't know how all this happened. I have never met Shyam before. But he never gave me good vibes. That's the main reason I kept my distance from him. The way he looked at me always gave me creeps"