Chapter 28

"Good Morning Sir, sorry to disturb you at this time of the day"

Arnav heard Aman's voice over the phone. He looked at the time and it was six in the morning. Unless it is something urgent Aman would not have called him.

"Is everything ok Aman?"

"Sir, actually, I wanted..."

"Aman, you woke me up on my only day off. So I am sure there must be a reason behind this call. It's can't be simply because you were missing me"

"Please turn on the news sir. You'll know why I called"

Arnav took the remote that was on his side and turned on the news channel.

'Breaking News: The famous night club and casino owner Javed Sinha's driver has been taken into custody for a hit and run complaint'

As soon as Arnav saw this headline he was shocked and worried.

"Aman, I'll call you back"

Saying that disconnected the call and continued to concentrate on the news.

'Mr. Sinha's driver was on his way to pick Mr. Sinha up from work last night. Unfortunately, he was drunk at the time he was driving and did not see the pedestrian who was walking on the side. His speed was said to be 10 Kmph above the approved speed limit at that time. 

He lost control of the car and drove right over the pedestrian killing him on the spot. Realizing he killed someone, Mr. Sinha's drive drove off. However, a BPO worker who was returning from work at that time saw this and informed the police, and gave the vehicle registration. 

The BPO worker who wishes to remain anonymous told ABC News that she tried to help the pedestrian but he was already dead. She also informed ABC news that there was no one else in that car other than the person who drove it. 

When the Police went to question Mr. Sinha, he admitted he was still at work at that time and his driver was driving the car. Mr. Sinha managed to provide several alibies to support his claim

Police arrested Ragave Matta around 3.30 am this morning who was trying to escape the city. After questioning him he admitted to the hit and run. He is now charged with hit and run, drunk driving, and a few other cases and is currently under remand custody until the courts are open on Monday. 

We have just received the confirmation of the pedestrian who was killed at the scene. He is claimed to be Mr. Shyam Jha, a famous businessman, and son-in-law to one of the biggest industry kings. Some people assume this to be a planned killing as Mr. Jha and Mr. Sinha used to be business partners sometime back and some people believe this cannot be coincident. Mr. Sinha is no longer available to comment on this and wants to maintain silence'

Arnav lost his balance and sat on the bed. This is definitely not the news he wanted to wake up to. Although he hated Shyam and wanted to kill him himself, seeing this gave him mixed feelings. Shyam did get what he deserved but Arnav wanted to see Shyam behind the bars. 

He quickly went out and knocked on Akash's door. 

"Bhai, are you up?"

Akash opened the door in seconds. 

"Arnav, is everything ok?"

"Is Bhabi up?"

"No, she is still sleeping. What happened? You are scaring me"

"Can you come out?"

Akash closed the door behind him and followed Arnav to the living room. Arnav turned on the tv and now the whole tv is discussing this news. As this is a piece of high-profile news, all the news channels are focusing on this.