Chapter 06

"Omg Khushi, I can't believe you are here. I mean, I thought our friendship will end up being a memory"

"I am glad you consider me your friend even after everything Lavanya"

"Damn girl. It was not your fault. But yes, I am never going to forgive your dad for what he did to you thought. I mean, getting married to a stranger is one thing, but ignoring that age gap was so irresponsible"

"Forget about it, Lavanya. I hope you didn't mind what my father said"

"Look, Khushi, I only voiced the truth, if he didn't like it I can't help. I did feel angry at first when he shouted at me and asked me to leave your house then I realized he is not worth my anger. I am sorry, I know he is your father but I hate him, Khushi. Look at you, look what he has done to you"

Khushi always admired Lavanya's upfront attitude. She would speak up when she feels something is wrong. She was the first to stand against her father when he ordered Khushi to get married to Advay.

Lavanya didn't take a second to stand up and tell her father that he is making a mistake. It made her father furious and he kicked her out of their house and asked her never to contact Khushi. Although they kept in contact with each other through texts that chance also took away from Khushi when Advay took her phone.

Lavanya didn't attend her wedding but she came to meet her once at Raizada's house and there she met Anjali and Payal. Advay, Shyam, and Akash were away for a polo match and this gave Khushi a much-needed bonding time with Lavanya.

The things she couldn't share with Anjali and Payal, she shared with Lavanya. Lavanya knew how miserable her life was and she was a victim of domestic violence. However, the name Raizada was so high up on the radar that they couldn't do anything about it from a legal perspective.

Khushi and Lavanya didn't get any more chances after that. Advay stopped her from meeting any of her friends. Lavanya hated Advay more than she hated Khushi's father. That's why she chose not to attend his funeral.

"Khushi, I hope you are fine now. Let's forget about everything. Come on, you are here. You get to finish your studies. You can dream again Khushi"

"I know Lavanya, I feel so relaxed"

"It's amazing you know. The reason behind your misery is also the reason behind your happiness. This is all Payal and Anjali Di. They made sure you get into your dream university"

"Yes Lavanya, I am glad I have them"

While in her thoughts Khushi knew who is the real person behind all this. Arnav made it possible for her to dream again.

Lavanya helped Khushi to come to speed in no time. Within a week Khushi caught up with all the missing work. Her daily routine is pretty simple these days.

She wakes up early in the morning, prepares her breakfast and lunch by herself, gets ready, and goes to college. Mohan, their driver is allocated to drop her off and pick her up every day. Khushi was glad Anjali has organized him. Because she only had little money left and she didn't want to use all that for transportation.

When she got married, her father changed all her bank accounts to Advay's name. She had a personal account her father didn't know of where she saved her pocket money. That was all she was left with.

Whenever she asked for money, Advay used to cut her off saying she doesn't need any as she gets fed and looked after. Within 7 months her personal account almost drained out due to this. It took her 2 years to save up this.

She didn't feel comfortable enough to ask for money from Payal or Anjali. In two years she will be graduated and then she can find a job. She just has to manage the remaining money in her account carefully.