Chapter 21

"Mr. Rohan, come and have a seat. Lavanya will be soon. What would you like to have?"

"Oh I am fine Mrs. Anjali, thank you"

"No no, don't be a stranger. Lavanya is like family and please call me Anjali"

"Under one condition that you also call me Rohan"

"Ok Rohan"

Anjali went to bring some tea and snacks for Rohan while Akash and Payal continued to talk with Rohan.

"Congratulations Mrs. Payal, I heard about the good news"

"Thank You. It's a dream come true"

"Yes, having a kid around you makes it all easy especially when you are a single parent. It does not matter how busy my day was or how tired I am, seeing Ruhaan at the end of the makes it all go away"

"I can't wait to experience that. Having two people waiting for you at home does sound nice"

Akash looked at Payal with so much love. Khushi who stood near heard this conversation.

"I wish my parents can hear them and understand what parenting is"

Although she said this to herself, Anjali who was coming out of the kitchen heard her.

"Khushi, the best way you can show your parents how to become a good parent is by being one"

"I am sorry what Di?"

" I heard what you said. They won't understand unless you show them. Make sure you become a damn good mother"

"I don't know Di, currently it all looks like a dream only"

"Dreams do come true Khushi and sometimes your dreams are closer to reality than you think"

Saying that Anjali left leaving Khushi to think.

"Di, Payal is feeling tired so we'll take your leave. We are sorry Mr. Rohan, I am not trying to be rude"

"Hey Akash, it's all fine. She does look tired so go ahead. I am also leaving as soon as Lavanya is back with Ruhaan"

Akash and Payal bid good night to Rohan, Anjali, and Khushi. Khushi also excused herself and went to check on Lavanya leaving Anjali and Rohan alone.

"Rohan, this may sound like a random question but I might need your help"

"I am happy to help but what am I helping you with?"

Anjali explained everything about Shayam and herself and he plans for divorcing him.

"So you are basically giving him what he wants?"

"Sorry Rohan, I didn't get you?"

"Anjali, you said yourself that he wanted to divorce you and get married to Khushi. So by divorcing him, you are giving him what he needs"

Anjali never thought about that from this angle. Rohan has a point.

"So you are asking me to stay with him?"