Chapter 24

"Lavanya, what do you say?"

"What do I say for what?"

"Weren't you listening?"

"Sorry Khushi, I was doing something else. Can you please repeat?"

"Nah, forget about it. Anyway, I don't feel like attending the next lecture. I am going home"

"Khushi, the plan. you were supposed to call Shyam"

"I am not in the mode Lavanya"

"Look, I am going to be staying with you until Arnav is back. I will be your moral support"

"Would you do that for me, Lavanya?"

"Yes. Since Shyam is back in the house it is risky to leave you alone in that house, especially in your room. I am staying in your room so we have each other in case"

Khushi was relieved. She was thinking of abandoning the plan but now because of Lavanya, she felt like she can continue.

"Thank you so much"

"Hey, that's what friends are for. Now, call Shyam and you go with him. I will attend the next lecture and will take notes for both of us. Then I will go home, pack my bags, and will be there before six"

"I will tell Di that you are coming and the real reason but for Shyam, I will tell him that your parents are out of town and you are staying with us until they are back"

"Perfect. We make a good team Khushi"

"Yes we do partner"

Lavanya was glad Khushi's mode is up. Well, she was right when she thought only Arnav can lift her mode. Lavanya may have executed the plan but the real mastermind was Arnav.

Khushi called Shyam and in less than fifteen minutes he arrived to pick her up.

"Were you waiting for me?"

"No, I was just around the corner when you called so I came. Do you mind if we go back to my office? I have an important meeting to attend but won't take long"

Khushi didn't know what to say, saying yes could mean digging her own grave, and saying no meant risking the plan.

"Don't worry, there will be no one so you can use one of the meetings rooms to do some studies until I finish the meeting"

That part alarmed Khushi. It's not even 2.00 pm yet and how can his office be empty at this time? This is a trap. She figured that much but how can she get out of it?

Then she remembered Arnav. How he smartly played that day at the hospital when he wanted to know about her birthday. He successfully took Lavanya away without making anyone suspect anything. He might not be here with her but he definitely helped her to come out of this trap.

"Yes sure Shyam, I don't mind waiting"

Khushi didn't fail to see the evil smile on his lips. Shyam on the other hand was over the moon. He asked all the staff in his wing to work from home today. Once they are inside one of the soundproof meeting rooms, no one will hear them.

"I just need ten minutes with you Khushi and then you will follow me wanting more"

Everyone thought Shyam's plan was to either force Khushi into the marriage or maybe abduct her. Never in anyone's dreams, had they thought what Shyam is actually going to do.

They were halfway to his office when Khushi took her phone out and acted as if she got a call.

"Hi, Lavanya, what's up?"