chapter 32: deciever

This time, Ngalu woke up with a smile. She had an amazing day with Lo'ak yesterday. He finally got to her, telling her to "just screw the others" and don't care what they think of her.

Lo'ak loved spending the day with her yesterday. He realized that he actually loved spending every day together with her. Like, for the rest of his life. It's like he couldn't function those days that Ngalu didn't come out of her pod. It felt like years to Lo'ak. He couldn't lose her.

Then it hit him.

He was smitten by the girl. Since the first moment he laid his eyes upon her, she's the one he wanted. All of the jealousy, hatred and bickering. It was all because he had a massive crush on the girl. But, who could blame him? He realized that the day they had their first normal conversation did it. When she really saw into him, seeing what he was feeling. Even if she was still with Neteyam, which she was not but if, Lo'ak would fight for her. He will fight for her.

Lo'ak will fight for Ngalu.

He wanted to take things slow, seeing this was the first time he liked someone this much. What if he'd scare her off? He was afraid that she would leave him forever and he couldn't live with that.

He sat on his mat, waiting for Ngalu to leave her pod. He wanted to watch her looking at the sunrise again.

But when he was about to go and look for her sitting on the beach at her favorite spot, he stopped in his tracks. He saw her standing in front of their pod, about to go look if Lo'ak was awake.

When she saw him, a smile appeared on her face. 'Ready to screw the others?'

Lo'ak made a disturbed face while holding in his laughter.

'I heard it too.' Ngalu sighed as she put her hand on her forehead before tracing it to her cheek while Lo'ak let out a laugh.

She was so silly and he loved it.

'Well I don't know about the others but,' He said, looking her up and down and raising an eyebrow while looking rather smug.

Ngalu scoffed while rolling her eyes. 'Stop, you skxawng.' She smiled while pushing his shoulder.

'What are you doing here? I thought you were going to watch the sunrise. Like every morning.' He pointed at the sky.

'Have you been watching me, Lolo?' Ngalu raised her right eyebrow as she smugly smirked while folding her arms.

Yes. 'No.'

'I don't believe you.' She said as she watched his cheeks turn a little purple. 'Anyways, I thought you maybe wanted to join me.' She held out her hand, waiting for him to take it.

Maybe he was a little too eager. He grabbed it immediately. He loved her soft touch. 'Let's go then.' He smiled while she guided him to the sandy beach.

Neteyam was awake. He noticed his brother was missing. Might as well be with Ngalu. He walked out of their pod and shifted his eyes directly to the two of them sitting on the sand. He smirked slyly. "I could never like her" my ass, he thought.

'How's Payakan, by the way? I haven't seen him in a while.' Ngalu asked, shifting her eyes to Lo'ak.

'He's good. A little lonely at times but I try to visit him everyday.' Lo'ak told her while meeting with her gaze.

Ngalu nodded, watching she sunrise again.

She smiled at Kiri who was relaxing with Rotxo, Tsireya and Ohaye while she made her way over to her pod. Ngalu was helping her mother again, surprise surprise. She'd do anything to try to repay her for taking her in that day they found her.

She had a few bowls in her hand while she walked around the corner. She heard her mother speaking in a worried tone. She stopped walking and listened for a second.

'I know it was wrong, do not remind me Tonowari.' Ronal said while putting down a wooden box. 'I am already torturing myself enough for it.' She rubbed her temples while sighing.

'Maybe you should have done it a different way. You know how much she hurt. She hadn't left her pod in days, Ronal!' Tonowari told her while throwing his arms up.

'Do you not think I know that? I feel terrible! It was an impulse and I should have never told the clan. We had to keep the lie going until she was Olo'eyktan like we first intended to!'

Ngalu dropped her bowls. She couldn't believe what she'd just heard. She caught them red handed.

Ronal and Tonowari froze, seeing the girl they were just talking about walk around the corner with a horrified look on her face.

'It was you?' She asked, pointing at her mother with tears already filling her eyes.

'Ngalu baby, please listen to me.' Ronal reached out to the girl, walking towards her.

Ngalu shook her head in disbelief. 'Do not call me that.' She stepped back, trying to get away from her mother. 'I trusted you! You betrayed me.'

'Honey please, I am your mother.' Ronals breathing picked up, tears already welling in her eyes.

Ngalu let out a shaky breath. Her lip quivered and her ears lowered. 'You are not my mother.' She backed away from the scene before turning around completely, running off.

The only thing she could think of to do, was to run straight into the Sully's pod. She ran in, looking around to find Jake standing there. He looked confused while she looked like a mess.

Jake had shown her compassion many times before, she immediately ran into his arms and hugged him. She didn't know what made her do it, it was probably an impulse. 'Whoa there. Are you okay kid?' He asked her as he put his large hand on the back of her head.

She shook her head against his chest. 'It was Ronal who told everybody.' She said, not even able to call her mother anymore.

'Ah,' he said, not really sure what else to say. He heard about Ngalu not being Tonowari and Ronal's. He backed away, holding onto Ngalu's shoulders. 'I'm sure she has a good explanation for this. Just let it cool down a little before talking to her. And I will never forget the way you accepted us here. You'll always be family to us.' He said, looking into her eyes to show that he meant it.

Ngalu smiled through her tears as her eyes softened.

She was family.