chapter 43: memories

Kiri was stuck to a metal pole like Ngalu was a couple of minutes ago. She tried getting herself loose but she quickly realized that it didn't work.

'It's no use.' Kiri shot her head to the side to meet with Ngalu. 'Let me help.' She moved over to her as Tsireya and Tuk appeared.

'Cut it here.' Tsireya pointed at the orange handcuffs as she looked at Ngalu. Ngalu listened to her, doing as she said.

Ngalu's head shot up as she felt footsteps coming closer. 'Shit.' She muttered underneath her breath. She looked at the three girls in front of her then back to where the footsteps came from. She grunted as she sprinted away, hiding behind some metal. It was better if she got herself out of there first. If they caught all four of them, they wouldn't be able to get out anymore. Now Ngalu can still save them if they needed.

She was right, Quaritch walked up as he dragged Tuk away from her big sister. He threw Tsireya off of the ship and into the water just by grabbing her arm. 'We can still get this done.' Quaritch said as one of his army guys tied Tuk to the railing.

'Hell yeah.' They responded, nodding to him.

'I can't believe I'm tied up again.' Tuk said, fidgeting with the orange straps around her wrists.

When Quaritch and his little pets left, Ngalu jumped in. 'Ngalu!' Tuk yelled as she stripped her from the orange handcuffs around her wrists. After she freed Tuk, Ngalu went over to Kiri and freed her as well. 'You have to get out of here. Now!' She yelled, gently pushing them away. They nodded and jumped into the water.

Ngalu was relieved, she managed to get all of them out of here safely. As she saw Lo'ak and Neteyam with their human friend Spider, she smiled. 'Lo'ak!' She yelled, waving at him.

Lo'ak's head jolted over to her, knowing it was Ngalu calling his name. He was happy she was still okay.

They tried to make their way over to each other and as they almost reached one another, a deep voice sounded next to them. 'I thought I got rid of you.' The man said, smashing her head in with his gun.

She flopped over the metal railing and landed in the water. She was unconscious, floating to the surface with her back to the sky.

'No!' Lo'ak let out a cry, jumping forward.

The man saw how much it affected him. He smirked and before Lo'ak could push the gun out of his hand, he shot Ngalu.

Lo'ak's heart sank, running up to the railing she just fell over. Red formed around her. If he didn't have to stay focused, he would sink to the floor and cry his eyes out. She meant everything to him. They finally admitted their feelings for each other, they could finally be together. But they took her away from him. She was gone.

He was going to pay for this.

The man's laughter made him jump out of his thoughts. He let out a large cry before lunging at the man. He clawed at his face, squeezing his throat very tightly. The man was gasping for air and Lo'ak loved it. He wanted this man to have a slow and painful death. As he stopped gasping, it showed that he was dead.

'Bro, come on.' Neteyam said from behind him. Lo'ak turned his head to find him sobbing behind him. 'We have to go.'

Warm tears ran down Lo'ak's face as he grabbed a gun from the man he'd just killed. Neteyam held onto Lo'ak's neck as he wiped away his own tears. Lo'ak nodded, looking at an uneasy Spider.

It was like a piece of him died along with her.

He needed to come back for her body later. He couldn't bare to leave her here.

The trio ran off, dodging some other people as they tried to get themselves off of that ship.

They started shooting around, trying to hit Lo'ak and Neteyam.

Lo'ak didn't mind anymore actually. He would only hear muffled screams, tears still falling from his eyes. He felt numb. Like nothing in this world mattered anymore. Like living didn't matter anymore. Not without her. She was his everything. They had been through so much together. It was fast, he knew that their relationship formed quickly. But do you know that feeling when you've actually met the one and you can stop looking? Like someone sent this person your way for a reason. Like they were meant for each other. They had a lot in common, but were so different.

His heart was actually shattering inside of him.

They finally got into the water. Spider was so happy he was finally free. It seemed like Neteyam was too, Lo'ak didn't really look at him.

The one thing he knew was that he was dreading her funeral. Why would Eywa give her to him if she was only going to take her away in the first place. 

Goddamnit, he was already picturing their future together. They'd have three children. Two boys and one girl. They'd live here in the reef but would also go to the forest from time to time. Ngalu would fall in love with the forest. She'd tame an Ikran, finally able to fly on her own. When they needed a date night, they'd drop their children off with his parents. They'd adore them.

Tuk will be devastated.

At least he could look back to an amazing time with her. All of the memories he had of her, he kept them safe in his heart.

Lo'ak was happy he got to spend this part of his life with Ngalu.

And he'd do it all over again if he had to.