Chapter 11

I wake up the next morning feeling well rested, and Shawn has his arm around me. I turn to face him and he's awake. He's watching me, looking so happy. There isn't a word for it.

"How'd you sleep?" Shawn asks.

"Excellent. You?"

"Even better. I haven't slept that well in decades." I smile and he kisses me.

I hear a knock on the door and someone's says that we're leaving in an hour. I search for my clothes and get dressed while Shawn does the same. By the time we're both dressed there is a loud bang from the main room. I close my eyes and think of last night preventing the ringing that would potentially soon follow.

I open my eyes and Shawn is poking his head out the door to see what's going on. I quickly closes the door grabs my hand and pulls me to the corner of the room.

"We need to be extremely quiet. I need you to calm down. Your heart is beating like crazy."

"Sorry." I take a few quiet deep breaths to calm myself down.

The door bangs open, and the ringing starts again. I try to ignore it. Shawn moves from beside me. The guy that just burst through the door punches him, and he in return snaps his neck. I gasp with shock.

"Come on. We have to go." He says as he offers his hand to me.

I take his hand and he pulls me up to my feet. We blur out of the room and out a secret door in the back of the building. She blur down the street to the door of the wall. There are about 20 other vampires waiting there for us. I put my hands on my knees and try to catch my breath.

Three other vampires show up about ten minutes later. We wait a little longer then get ready to go inside. Shawn bits his wrist and holds it out to me.

"Drink up."

"Now?"

"Yes. Just in case shit goes down in there. Hurry. It's starting to heal."

I take his wrist and start the drink the blood on his wrist. It's not too bad tasting. I keep drinking because it gets better each time I swallow. Shawn has to pull his wrist away to get me to stop.

"What? It was good!" He laughs and so do some of the other vampires. I start laughing too.

One of the vampires hands me a gun. I don't take it at first. He nods at me and I take it reluctantly. He shows me how to use it, and he has me fire a few times for practice. He puts a silencer on the end of it first though so it doesn't make too much noise. At least not enough to alert the cameras and the other vampires inside Vamp Ville.

I tuck the gun into the back of my pants. Someone else starts running toward us. I don't recognise him till he's standing right in front of me. It's my dad and he's carrying a syringe.

"A new dose. Try it."

"Ok." He sticks the needle in my neck then pulls the plunger and takes the needle out. He claps in right next to my ear and flinch. I don't hear any ringing.

"There's no ringing! Thanks dad!"

"Your welcome sweetie. Can I join you in what ever you guys are doing?"

"We're ending this and opening the doors." Shawn says at the same time I say, "No."

"Why wouldn't you let me come?"

"I am NOT loosing you again." I say.

"But I could help..."

"I said no dad. Your not coming."

"Cameron!"

"Dad! I'm not going to let you!"

"Stop me!"

"Just let him come. He's going to follow anyway."

"No. No he's not." I pull out the gun and shoot him in the head before he can blink or abject.

"What the hell Cameron! We could've..."

"I need him to stay alive Shawn. And a bullet to the head doesn't kill a vampire."

"No it doesn't. But..."

"No. He's not coming."

I put the gun back into the back of my pants and go to the door of the wall. I open it and walk inside. There's a thermal sensor one I walk inside the dark tunnel. A red beam goes up and down my body checking my temperature. The light turns green and I keep walking. The other vampires following close behind. We walk down the hallway for a few more minutes when we are stopped by a second thermal scanner. It takes its time, but eventually turns green.

I get scanned seven more times before I see light coming from around a corner. We walk to the corner and stop. I poke my head around to see where it's coming from. I see a door with the label Control Room right next to the door. There are no other turns, so I'm guessing this must be the right place.

I start walking around the corner, and the other vampires follow. When I get to the door there is a passcode lock on the door. Shawn whispers from behind be, "Someone's coming." I turn around, all the vampires are gone, and a man is coming out of the wall. I try not to look shocked.

"What are you doing just standing there?"

"I forgot the password again."

"I tend to do that to. Those vampires keep figuring it out."

"How's that?"

"We don't know. We think there's a mole."

"Really? How's that? Isn't it our job to be able to tell the difference?"

"Ya. Some vampires are just too experienced with hiding their vampire nature from us humans."

"Ya."

He punches in the code telling the digits as he puts them in, not knowing there's about 20 vampires listening in on this conversation. He walks in and holds the door for me.

"My partner went to try and find someone to give us the code. I'm going to wait for him to come back. Thank you for helping."
"My pleasure."

He walks inside and closes the door behind him. Once the door closes all the vampires come back.

"You guys ready?"

There's a chorus of yeses and I punch in the code. Shawn kisses me then we walk through the door.

"Remember. We're looking for Director Jones's office." James whispers to me. I nod and keep walking. I find his door and three vampires follow me. The others station themselves around the room to make sure nothing happens while I'm trying to talk sense into the director. I reach the door and I knock.