Air Support

We interrupt this program for a little bit of a flashback.

Optimus' PoV
I remember the day I became an older brother. I was young, barely even seven vorns of age, when she entered this universe. She had wings, like our carrier, and the same shade of cerulean blue optics that Carrier said our Sire possessed. Her natural armor was red, the same red of human blood. That was the reason Carrier designated her Ignite.
Her last words were the few she said to Ratchet, to tell him. And that was when the happiest day of my life, became the saddest.
I tried to take care of my sister early on, with some assistance from Ratchet. At barely seven vorns, one can only do so much with a newspark. I remember rousing Ratchet from recharge many times when I could not ease her lubricating.
Five vorns later, I was named the next Prime, and the War for Cybertron began. My only goal in the war quickly became to protect my sister, and every time I battled Megatron, I would always fight for the upper servo. Just so I could return to the sparkling who always awaited me at the gates to Iacon.
It was always a welcome sight, a small, happy sparkling greeting each surviving member of the squad that had left in response to Megatron's attacks all over Cybertron.
She was a friend to all who had the pleasure of meeting her.
Early on, she had shown an interest in the medical field, and Ratchet began allowing her to assist him on less serious operations, with a rust stick as payment for a job well done.
I remember one instance where the small team I had taken out on patrol were ambushed, and it was thanks to her that many of the team survived, as her tiny servos could reach critical pieces of shrapnel, and her optimistic attitude could shed light on any situation.
When she was twelve vorns of age, she tried to enlist into the Autobot Air Strike Armada. Luckily, because of her small stature and young age, she was denied entry.
So she returned to the medbay, where she knew she could be of assistance.
She was there when the troops brought in Bumblebee, and witnessed Ratchet lubricate for the first time in her life-cycle.
If she hadn't been there, Bumblebee would not be able to communicate at all.
When she turned 15, she was finally accepted into the Autobot forces, as a medic trainee. This was when Ratchet taught her everything he knew.
But as the tide of the war turned for the worst, more soldiers were needed.
And thus, she learned to terminate. She became an avid sniper with a blaster, and learned to slice into the vital parts of a mech in order to extinguish his spark.
I was there the day she asked her trainer for a personalized weapon.
She had asked for something that everyone would soon associate with her name.
She asked for flamethrowers. But not just any flamethrowers.
She wanted the ones our carrier had made for her before she was sparked. How she knew of them, I did not know. But, I gave Ironhide my consent, and thus, the Decepticons became fearful of the 'demon femme'.
I miss her terribly, and I do not know of her fate. I have not seen her since we left Cybertron, and the Ark was the last ship to leave.
Wherever she is, I hope she is safe.

Ratchet's PoV
I remember when Ignite came into this universe. I was there. I also remember little Orion's faceplate the moment he saw her. His optics lit up, and he had promised to be a good older sibling. And I do believe he has kept that promise.
I still do not know why Valor Pax offlined, nor will I ever know. It's a mystery that will haunt me to my grave.
I enjoyed having her in the medbay. Every time someone would come in with a minor injury, she'd look up from whatever she was doing, shake her helm, and tell them how idiotic it was, and how it could have been prevented if they weren't being stupid.
Listening to a sparkling tell off a full grown mech was hilarious. And it did not require a wrench to be thrown, for which many mechs were grateful.
She was around four vorns of age when I started letting her assist me with simple operations, and always have her a rust stick for her hard work afterwards.
Then sent her to Optimus the moment she started getting hyper.
I cannot tell how many times that sparkling had made my spark happy.
Optimus certainly wasn't happy when Ignite first signed up for the draft. Luckily, her application had been denied, or Optimus would have blown a gasket. That would have been a sight to behold.
Once she turned fifteen, I signed on for her to be a field medic, and Optimus assigned me to be her mentor. The youngling was a fast learner, and before long she was right beside me in the gory aftermath of battles, healing Autobots.
After her first mission, she had turned to me and asked how her carrier had died.
I could not bring myself to tell her that I did not know.
When she first received the flamethrowers, I was the first to be shown their extreme power.
It was the first time I questioned Optimus' sanity, and certainly not the last.
I hope that wherever that femme got off to, that she is safe from Megatron's evil intentions.