Kidnapped, Part 2

Once again, this is not my idea. I just split it into two parts.

Ignite began to hum a popular human song to easy her jittery mind.
"Whatcha' hummin', 'Nite?" Moonracer asked.
"Just a human song. It's pretty good, actually." The red femme replied.
"Don't just hum it then, sing it!" She dipped underneath the femme to fly through a cloud.
"Moonracer. It's taking all I can do to not rip my own optics from my head."
"Right."

"Ignite, we're receiving a video link. I'm ground bridging you back to base. It may be Megatron." Ratchet's voice was gentle, knowing full well that even the slightest raise in anyone's voice could send her crashing.
"Seekers! Ratchet's bridging us back."
As she spoke, the portal opened directly in front of her, and the three jets flew through, and transformed safely.
"Well? Answer it." Ignite said as she leaned against Ultra Magnus for support. The blue mech wrapped his arms around his femme.
"Ah, Miss Pax. Or should I say, Mrs. Ultra Magnus." Megatron's evil laugh sounded through the speakers.
"The sparklings." Optimus growled.
"Ah yes, the little ones. Precisely what I wished to speak about."
"I swear on the AllSpark, Megatron if you hurt my babies I will burn you to a crisp and then eat your slagging spark as the life force drains from your optics." Ignite growled, removing herself from the commander's embrace and giving the warlord a fearless glare. "And don't think I won't, either."
"Your sparklings remain unharmed. However, if you want them back, I require a small ransom."
"You will return them regardless." Her sharp claws hovered over the keyboard.
"Ah, but you haven't heard my price. You have exactly one earth day to give me your formula for your X-En, and I will return your precious creations, unharmed. If you fail to meet my demand, well, your sparklings will pay the price."
"Megatron, you have yourself a deal." Ignite cut the link, and punched a hole in the computer screen.
"Never thought I'd say this, but Ignite I needed that!" Ratchet grumbled.
"Wait, what's X-En?" Raf asked, adjusting his glasses.
"A very volitile form of energon of Ignite's own creation. It acts as an acid, disguised to look like normal energon, but once consumed, it eats away the circuits faster than two thousand scraplets ever could." Ratchet visibly shuddered.
"And you're just gonna give this stuff to Megatron?" Jack asked, appalled.
"Oh no, Jack. I'm going to give him something far worse. I'm going to mix it with the first round of synthetic energon. You still have some, right Ratchet?"
"The stuff that made Ratchet act like he was on some serious steroids?" Miko asked.
"Ratchet? You tested on yourself?" Red Alert's soft voice came from beside the medic.
"My judgement had become impaired due to a panic of low energon."
The soft spoken femme just glared at him.

"Ok, so if I just pour this in here slowly, it might not explode." Ignite stood in Ratchet's laboratory, carefully monitoring the stability of the energon she was working with.
"Need any help?" Ultra Magnus asked, standing at the doorway with two cubes of energon.
"No time." She responded, not looking up from the microscope. She slowly poured the synthetic energon into the vial of X-En, smiling slightly when the substance kept its blue color. She carefully sniffed her mixture. "It smells funny. Oh well, cons won't know the difference." she filled a syringe with the liquid, and injected it into a small engine.
"The Synth-En makes the acid work even faster. But I want it to put some serious hurt on the cons." She mused.
"Ignite, you've got it this far in only two hours. Take a break, if only to drink this." He offered her one of the cubes.
"Every moment I get closer to finishing this, the closer we are to saving our sparklings." She informed as she searched for something.
"WHEELJACK!" She hollered.
"YEAH?" The reply came from the direction of the rec room, where the Wrecker was most likely lobbing with Bulkhead.
"I NEED A GRENADE!"

THREE HOURS LATER
"So, you're gonna open a grenade, take out the cartridge, melt it, and put it in your soup?" Raf had been the only one allowed to come into the laboratory, as everyone else had gotten on the femme's last nerve.
"Hopefully, when mixed with this," she motioned to the Synth-En/X-En mixture, "It will cause the X-En to cause a small explosion within the unfortunate soul's body, and let the active X-En leak out, and destroy everyone else within a grenade's blast range."
"Awesome."

Ignite fanned her wings out in a way that shielded Raf if the concoction exploded. Luckily for both of them, it stayed stable, and the strange smell disappeared.
"I did it! Raf, I did it!" She cried, and quickly filled an entire canister with her new formula.
"Done in six hours!" She cried, bursting through the doors.
"What did you do to it?" Smokescreen asked.
"I caused the effects of the X-En to be much quicker, and added some grenade to cause a small explosion in the test subjects body, and let the active X-En leak, causing destruction in the blast range of a grenade." The femme exclaimed.
"I must say, Ignite. You've accomplished a miracle of science, even though it's destructive." Ratchet praised.
"No time for that, Ratchet. We need to get my sparklings back."
Ultra Magnus took the femme's servo as Ratchet powered the groundbridge to the coordinates Megatron had provided.

As the Autobots passed through the groundbridge vortex, they were met with the form of Megatron, and his second in command, each holding one of the sparklings.
"The sparklings first." Ignite growled, curling her claws.
"As you wish."
Megatron handed the sparklings to their father and their uncle. Ignite immediately handed the warlord the mixture.
"Also, Megatron?" Ignite's voice was laced with malice.
"Yes?"
The femme raised her servo at the mech and extended the middle digit, a gesture she had seen Miko do many times.
She turned and took her sparkling from her brother and held him close to her chassis.
"It's alright now, sweetspark. You're safe."

LATER, WHEN MEGATRON DECIDES TO TEST THE X-EN

"Knockout, is the test subject ready?"
"Prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice for you, Lord Megatron."
"Then commence the test."
The said test subject, a low vehicon, had been transported off of the warship, in case the formula had been altered.
As the vehicon slurped the mixture, Laserbeak provided the warlord, his second in command, his medic, and Soundwave a live feed.
"Ah!" The drone screamed, and a small hole appeared in his chassis.
"It appears that the X-En works faster than originally suspected, my liege." Knockout noted. Before long, all that was left of the vehicon was a pool of energon.
Active X-En, to be exact.
And when Megatron sent reinforcements to clean and contain the deadly energon, he'd have more than one vehicon missing from his forces.