r e a l l i f e

WRONG NUMBER

WRONG NUMBER.

linneas pov
*:・゚*:・゚

i divert my eyes from my laptop, picking my phone which is currently blowing up with messages. after unlocking it, i chuckle at the screen, which currently displayed '123 new snap notifications from hoes with toes ⁉️⁉️'. after clicking through endless photos and vlogs my friends have sent, i open the messages.
im met with coutless
'GIRL ARE U W CHARLES OR SMTH'
'THE COMMENTS?!'
'BITCH IS THERE SMTH UR NOT TELLING US?!'
'SINCE WHEN WERE U TWO BESTIES?!'
'OMFG U PULLED CHARLES LECLERC?!'
and SO many more, including about 50+ messages of just random capital letters. i cant help but laugh to myself at the absolute craziness of my friends. mentally preparing myself for the loud screaming, i click the facetime button at the top of the chat.

they all pick up within a matter of seconds, and, just as i expected, they all start screaming and yelling. i let them do their thing for a few minutes while i scroll through all the snap filters. they eventually calm down, and a very out of breath fiona pants "girl, explain!".

"okay SO basically, the other day PIERRE GASLY added me to an imessage group chat with EVERY SINGLE DRIVER ON THE GRID. it was an accident, of course, he was supposed to add oscar piastri. but yeah i just starting talking with all of them and their actually really nice. charles invited me to the bahrain gp as a birthday gift and-" i pause for a second as they all scream and yell into the phone again. "jävla helvete..." i mutter under my breath. after theyve all calmed down (or rather had to stop because they ran out of breath), i continue. "and said he would get me into the ferrari garage. so yeah, im going to the gp in like a week. and in terms of me and charles, theres nothing going on. we're just mates."

angel lets out a scoff. "oh yeah because 'just friends' comment on the other gender friends post "im the car" which hes currently SAT ON!" she exaggerates the last part, flailing her hands in the air as she does so.

"okay, THAT was a joke. and plus, we barely know each other and we havent even privately messaged or met up yet, you cant expect us to be getting married tomorrow." i roll my eyes.

ellie gasps. "i bloody hope youre not getting married tomorrow. you havent asked us to be your bridesmaids!!" the other 3 nodding in agreement.

"lin, you do realise that charles basically asked you out, right?" fiona raises her eyebrows at me through the phone.

"what?!" my eyes widen.

"yeah... he asked you to go to a race with him."

"and he said he would get you into HIS garage. out of the entire paddock full of garages." angel butts in.