r e a l l i f e

WRONG NUMBER

WRONG NUMBER.

"PLEASE OPEN the door, linnea. please." charles begged as he stood outside linnea skarsgårds door, a bouquet of flowers in his hand.

hed been knocking for a good 20 minutes, but there was still no movement from the other side. he knew that she was home, she just didnt want to speak to him.

if only she would listen to him. if only she would open the door, so he could explain everything. explain how she was the one who got all touchy with him on the boat, and hed pushed her away, telling her that his loyalty lays with linnea. explain how shed kissed him and hed HAD pushed her away, but the photo must have been taken in the singular second it took him to register what was going on.

to realise whos lips where on his, to realise that the usual fluttery feeling in his stomach had been replaced with the feeling of nothingness. to realise the usual sweet taste of linneas vanilla lip balm had turned to an overpowering aloe vera lip balm.

to realise it wasnt his linnea that had her lips on his.

and the second he registered this, hed pushed her away as if she was poison. 

but in charles eyes, any girl other than linnea was poison.

but in linneas eyes, charles was the poison.

as far as linnea knew, he'd betrayed her. he'd publicly made a fool of her, as if he didnt have a care in the world. was she just a distraction? was she just another pawn that he would keep for a few weeks before disregarding her as if she was worth nothing?

so why did he do it? why did he act like he cared for her? why did he hold her so tenderly, whispering sweet words into her neck while he stroked her hair, when she meant nothing to him? so why did he kiss her as if she was the only women in the world, is she was just another women to mess around with until he got bored and moved onto the next? was she was a mere toy to him, that he could throw away with no sympathy for how she felt? just move onto a different women, a model, who was far prettier than linnea. that was obvious, wasnt it?

so linnea ignored the constant knocking, the pleading for her to just open the door, the non stop messages and calls telling her how sorry he was and that he could explain.

and how dare he? how dare he throw out empty apologies to her? how dare he come back to her after what he'd done? what, had he already got bored of georgia? had he ran out of women to heartbreak, so he'd started the cycle again?

the muffled cries from the other side of the door was the only thing that linnea could hear, even over the sound of her strumming her guitar. she soon realised he wasnt going away anytime soon, so she reluctantly pulled herself from the comfort of her sofa and walked towards the door.