r e a l l i f e

WRONG NUMBER

WRONG NUMBER.

THE SUN WAS STARTING to set beyond the horizon, the sky filled with bright hues of pink, pale blue and orange.

charles stared down at the girl rested in his lap, pure admiration in his eyes. he'd got home from baku a few hours ago and the two had been cuddled on the sofa ever since, her head resting on his chest and his arms wrapped firmly around her. linneas eyes were closed as she dozed in and out of sleep, and charles was in complete awe of her. he'd never seen anything more beautiful in his life.

he still couldn't believe he'd let himself fuck everything up so badly but more than that, he couldn't believe she'd forgiven him. he knew it'd take a few months to gain back her trust, but charles was willing to give her all the time she needed.

she was his everything.

"linnea? wake up i wanna show you something!" charles nudged her slightly, she mumbled incoherently and shoved her face further into his chest in response.

"wake up lin!" he urged, stroking the hair out her face with his thumb.

linnea sat up groggily and glared at him. "this better be fucking good, leclerc."

charles grinned widely at her. "it is, now come!" he stood up off the sofa and grabbed her hand, gently pulling her - and her beloved blanket - with him out into her garden.

"are you trying to give me fucking frostbite? its bloody freezing!" she complained, hugging the lilac fluffy blanket further around her and sitting down on the paving next to the grass.

charles sat down next to her, prying one end of the blanket out from underneath her and wrapping it round himself as she glared daggers at him. "have some patience, mi amor."

"well älskling-" linnea teased, repeating his words in swedish, "i dont have any pat-"

she was cut short but distant bangs, followed by bright colours filling the sky. fireworks exploded in every direction, filling the black sky with every colour of the rainbow.

"d'you like it?" charles asked nervously, turning to look at her so their faces were centimetres apart.

"like it? i fucking love it!" linnea exclaimed happily, grabbing charles' hand and pulling him onto the grass.

she wrapped her hands loosely around his shoulders and connected their lips in their own explosion of fireworks. their mouths danced in sync, neither wanting to pull away even as they ran out of breath.

"lin. your gonna miss the best one." charles mumbled against her lips, reluctant to pull away.

"were the first ones not good enough for you?" linnea said with a laugh as she stared at the now empty sky expectingly.

a few seconds later, more bangs were heard and linnea gasped loudly as colourful words started appearing in the dark sky.

' i love you.'

she looked down to charles with tears in her eyes and pulled him into a tight hug, whispering i love yous into his ear.

charles pulled away, taking both her hands in his and looking her straight in the eyes.

"linnea, i love you so much. i cant even begin to explain how much i love you. im so sorry for what i did and i sell my soul if thats what it takes for you to forgive me. i swear on every single bone in my body that i am nothing like matt, i vow to protect you and love you until the day i die. you mean the absolute world and more to me and you deserve every god damn star in the sky. theres nothing and no one i want more than i do you. i love you."

linnea smiled softly at him as he used his thumb to wipe away the tears staining her cheeks.

their lips met once again, all the unspoken words they wanted to say but werent quite sure how to pouring out in a tumble of soft lips and dancing tongues. they were each others last puzzle piece, and they'd finally figured out which way it went. it was like the stars in the sky had aligned, like the world finally made sense once again.

they felt whole.

💌

oh my god my children.

this is short but its short and sweet so oh well

so this is the last written chapter... we have one more insta chapter and then thats the end of this book 💔

thank you all so much for almost 200k, i actually can't believe this silly little book i wrote on a car journey when i had no data has come so far and completely dominated my fucking life 😭😭

but i love every single one of you so so much. ♥️

ALSO i was on the train today and this FIT guy asked if he could sit next to me and he put my bag on the really tall rail thing cause its to heavy and i would probably drop it and make a huge fool of myself

BUT he started talking to me and he was laughing about how much stuff i had and he asked where i was going so i told him i was going on a surfing trip and he kept on saying how cool he thought i was and we talked about school and stuff and he told me his mum is looking at houses IN MY VILLAGE like what

AND HE CALLED ME PRETTY AND I DIDNT EVEN REALISE UNTIL HE GOT OFF THE TRAIN.

but he was only on the train for like 15 minutes and i was to scared to ask for his number or his snap and only when he got off did i realise he was flirting w me and i actually regret it sm like bro why didnt i get his snap

sorry for my cute little rant but i honestly am never gonna get over this

i cant believe this book is ending im actually gonna cry

love,
el 🤍