| | e p i l o g u e

WRONG NUMBER

WRONG NUMBER.

"HELLO?" charles called through the quiet house, looking around to try spot his wife and two kids.

"daddy!" the four year old yelled excitedly, skidding round the corner and leaping into his fathers arms.

his daughter was quick to follow, running as fast as a two year old can and wrapping her small arms around his leg.

"bonjour mes chèris." charles wrapped his arms tightly around his son, soaking in his presence. he'd been away at 3 back to back race weekends so hadn't been home for over 4 weeks.

"babe?" his heart softened at the familiar voice, falling in love all over again as his wife walked into the room.

charles placed his two kids on the floor, not once breaking eye contact with linnea. the two walked towards each other slowly and when they reached one another, charles placed both hands on his wifes cheeks and pulled her in for a passionate kiss.

linnea was quick to kiss back, running her hands up her husbands back and tangling them in her hair.

their two kids started cheering from behind them, both having been brought up being taught that affection is a healthy thing.

linnea and charles pulled away, resting their foreheads against each other as they stared at each other for a moment, eyes full of nothing but adoration and love.

"stop kissing, i want pizza!" their son, jules, said impatiently, crossing his hands over his chest and pouting.

lin laughed, reluctantly pulling away from her husband and picking up the small boy, spinning him around. "you, little man, need to learn how to be patient."

"dadda!" a small voice made lin look over, and she felt her heart melt at the sight before her.

her daughter, lovisa, was sat on a bar stool, making grabby hands at her father. he was kneeling infront of her, making funny faces. she could see the adoration in her husbands eyes as lovisa giggled at him before reaching her arms out for a hug.

he picked her up, and she instantly cuddled into his arms.

jules being the main character he was, started tugging at linneas shirt complaining about his pizza.

she ordered the pizza for him, and once it had arrived the small family moved into the living room, playing moana on the tv and all cuddling up in the sofa.

charles had lovisa asleep on his chest and jules was wrapped under his left arm, slowly drifting off in his fathers embrace.

linnea was wrapped under his other arm, slightly annoyed her children where stealing all her husbands affection from her. but who was she kidding, she could never hate her kids.

charles noticed this (of course he did), chuckling at his wifes pouty face as she watched their 3rd film of the night. "you jealous mi chèrie?"

linnea paused, only glancing at him out the corner of her eyes for a slit second. "...no."

charles grinned down at her, opening his mouth as if contemplating his next words. "i... im going to quit racing after this season."

linneas jaw dropped. "what?! why?"

"well... im pretty much guarantied the championship this year and i think four is enough, right? equal out sebs record. and i realised while i was away how much of our childrens life, how much of our life im missing, and i dont want to miss anymore. i want to spend every second i have with you, baby."

linnea thought for a moment. "okay... if thats what you want. ill be happy with whatever you do. i love you."

charles had somehow managed to dislodge his arm from his sons tight grip and, placing his sleeping daughter next to him, he picked his wife up bridal style, carried her to the bedroom and placed her down on the bed.

his eyes roamed over her features, taking in every single little nitpick of her perfect face. he couldn't get enough of her, she was fucking irresistible.

just as he was about to connect his lips with hers, a loud ping came from lins phone. she lets out a giggle at charles annoyed face, pulling her phone out her back pocket and frowning at it.

"who is it?" charles asked, catching the way her eyebrows furrowed slightly.

"ive been added to some random group chat... must be a wrong number."

💌

ROLL THE MFING CREDITSSSSS

guys 😭😭😭😭

i know its been over two months since i published the last official chapter, but i missed writing this book so.... here you are :)

i hope you've all enjoyed my book, thank you all so much for your lovely comments, they mean so much to me.

this book has genuinely changed my life (i know that sounds weird) because the little el inside me who used to write books about pufferfish and take part in writing competitions, has been healed.

i finally have a place to share my work and get so much love for it, so thank you all for making my younger self so happy 🫶🏼

just letting u all know i have 2 more books out... one about lando and one about pierre, it would be much appreciated if u could go read those as well 😘🙏

i hope ur all well, i hope u enjoyed this cute little epilogue and i love you all

for the VERY last time in wrong number,

love,
el 🤍

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐖𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐍𝐔𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 - 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗲𝗰𝗹𝗲𝗿𝗰 🎉