r e a l l i f e

WRONG NUMBER

WRONG NUMBER.

CHARLES PACES outside linneas front door, trying to build up the courage to knock on the door.

"just fucking open the door, charles." he whispers to himself, rubbing his temples. he lets out a deep breath, bringing his hand up and kocking on the door.

a few seconds later, linnea pulls the door open and charles swears he stops breathing for a second.

she stands there in a tight black dress, and in charles' opinion shes the most beautiful girl ever.

"hi- um you look... wow." he lets out a breathy chuckle, and lin laughs at his nervousness.

"you look very wow too, charles." she says with a smirk, and shes not lying. linnea swears she almost fell over at the sight of charles in a white top and white dress trousers.

"um- these are for you." he hands her a bouquet of about ten different kinds of flowers, all in different colours. linnea smiles fondly at the thought of him remembering such a small detail.

"ugh." linnea gags as she stares at her phone.

"what is it?" charles asks, leaning over to look at her phone. its currently open on instagram, displaying someones story of a boquet of red roses with the caption "from my love ❤️"

charles furrows his eyebrows in confusion. "whats wrong with it?"

"its a bit boring, dont you think? like yeah i love roses, but thats like the bare minimum. atleast put a little more thought into it." she shrugged, closing her phone and leaning back into the airplane seat.

"arent flowers just flowers though?"

"oh charles." she shakes her head, patting him on the shoulder. "you have so much to learn. next time you take a girl out on a date, you have to promise you dont just get her roses."

"i promise." charles nods at her, grinning.

'only if the next person i take out is you.' charles thinks to himself. but he doesnt tell her that.

"you remember?" linnea asked, placing the bouquet gently on the side.

"of course i remembered. i never break a promise, linnea."

why the fuck does her name sound so much better when hes saying it?

"so, mr leclerc, where are you taking me?" she smirks at him, shutting her front door.

"its a surprise." he smirks back at her, placing her hand in his.

they walk for about ten minutes, until they arrive at the marina. charles guides her along to where his powerboat is moored.