r e a l l i f e

WRONG NUMBER

WRONG NUMBER.

linneas pov
*:・゚*:・゚

MAX LEAPT INTO bills arms, letting out a high pitched squeal of excitement. i laugh and shake my head at them as i greet kelly and penelope.

"linnea!" the young toddler yells happily and runs over so i can pick her up.

"hi p!" the girl snuggles into my neck, her legs wrapped firmly around my waist and her arms around my neck.

i notice charles staring at me with a soft smile on his face, his expression unrecognisable. hes snapped out of his trance by max and he quickly looks away from me.

"hey kelly." we side hug, as i cant properly hug with a child clinging onto me.

"hi lin. im so glad we're finally here, this one was so excited to see you she woke us up at 6am!"

"well, what can i say. i am pretty amazing." i laugh. "come through, ill get you a drink." we walk through to the kitchen, leaving the boys to have their little reunion.

i sit penelope down on the bar stool next to kelly. i open the cupboard and pull out two wine glasses for me and kelly and a small cup for penelopes juice.

after we have our drinks, we retreat to the living room to chat while the guys probably fuck my house up.

"so..." kelly smirks at me. god, i already know where this is going. "you and charles? and dont even lie to me, you must have had atleast one drunk fuck by now."

i slap her arm, laughing. "kelly, your 3 year old daughter is right next to us. and no, we havent slept together."

"but..." she carries on, moving her arms.

"butt... we have kissed." kelly practicality jumps out her seat, squealing.

"...alot." this sets the squealing off again.

i met kelly three years ago when her and max started dating, but i was still with matt then. she was there for me through the entire matt thing, and when i finally had enough closure, she moved onto trying to find me a boyfriend. now im on the path to possibly getting one, i genuinely think shes happier than me.

"explain. everything." she demands, penelope now moving closer to me on the sofa to get away from her mums screaming. i laugh, wrapping an arm around the small girl as kelly stares at her, mouth agape.