Chapter 5

A/N First of all please forgive the delay, I wanted some things to happen and couldn't figure out the order they were meant to and where to break the chapter up. Then it began writing itself and doubled and suddenly everything was included and this chapter became long and involved. I also beg your indulgence of the addition of an Original couple. I have written about them before though never in fanfiction. Vanessa is a beloved OG character of mine and she was determined to be in this story. She wanted to meet Felix. I hope you love her as much as I do. If I ever write a published novel I guarantee she will be the heroine of it. As you can hopefully tell by my words here, she is very alive in my imagination. Now this story is fiction and any resemblances to reality is entirely coincidence. This story is only published here and on AO3 and does not have my permission to be posted anywhere else. I put my heart into my writing and am very protective of it. If you wish to be alerted when I update any of my stories, you can follow _eyes_wideshut on twitter. Lastly, this chapter is dedicated to my beloved RL friend Jay who I introduced to SKZ (remember when you said you didn't like K-pop lol) and who has begun reading this and my other stories and told me explicitly this morning that she needed the next chapter yesterday and grew excited at seeing Vanessa again. This is for you, my baby penguin, Jay. I hope you enjoy it. Now get to the story.

"Are we still going to my parents tonight?" Felix asked nervously over the phone and he heard Jacob make that frustrated sound he seemed to make whenever Felix asked for something.

"Why don't you go by yourself? I don't wanna go over there." Jacob answered with an edge to his voice.

"You've been complaining we haven't spent time together." Felix said carefully.

"Tell you what. My place is being painted and tonight is my poker game I'm supposed to host. I'll come with you if you host the game at your place."

"Oh. Um, I guess I could." Felix replied. "I don't really know any of your friends."

"Well you wouldn't be playing anyway, it would just be the guys playing." He's a guy too, you dick. He didn't mean it like don't even think about defending him. "I'll tell the guys to bring their girls and then you can hang out with them." Felix froze, realizing Hyunjin had been right.

"I'm still a guy, Jacob. You remember that, right? I'm a man, not a girl." Hell yeah! Go Felix! "I think you forget that sometimes. Or else you don't want to think about it."

"Fuck, Felix take a pill or something, damn. Fine you are a guy. I didn't mean anything by it. You always take everything so personally. I just know you aren't into poker so u thought you would be happier baking brownies or whatever. You always do this. You make me out to be an asshole when I'm just trying to make you happy."

Felix immediately felt guilty and started to apologize but could feel rage coming from his bond with Hyunjin. I cannot believe him. You know thus is bullshit, right? He treats you like shit and when you call him out for it he blames you. You just reminded him you are not a girl. That is nothing to feel guilty for. Felix paused his words and thought over what Hyunjin was saying and he was right. "I'm not going to apologize for being a man or for reminding you that I am one. If you want a girl then be with a girl. If you want to be with me, great. But I'm a man."

"I'll pick you up at 6. I don't want to talk more right now."

"Fine." Felix said in a tight voice and hung up. Felix... the thought was hesitant. Will you do something for me? Felix could hear what he wanted so he headed into the bathroom and stood in front of the mirror. He hesitated and then looked up at his reflection. You don't do that very often you know? Do what? Look at yourself. Do you not see yourself as I do? Hyunjin took the time looking over Felix's features. Letting his absolute conviction of Felix's beauty color every thought. He thought about how Felix's hair looked like silk and made him want to touch it. He thought about how the freckles were like constellations, equal in beauty like looking at the stars. He thought about how the brown eyes were filled with sadness bad enough to make anyone cry and yet he imagined how beautiful they would be sparkling with happiness. He let his gaze caress the jawline and neck.