Chapter 24

A/N see I promised it wouldn't take long! As always this story is fiction. I cross post this here and AO3 but it doesn't have my permission to be posted anywhere else. Comments really fuel my muse so please let me know what you think if you like what I write. If you want to be alerted when I update, you can follow me on _eyes_wideshut on twitter. This story is definitely kicking into high gear so hold onto your hat! Enjoy!

Chapter 24

The practice room was chaotic as soon as Hyunjin went down with a scream the likes of which the others had never heard before and never wanted to again. Minho had caught him and lowered him to the floor gently. Jisung had grabbed a coat and stuffed it under Hyunjin's head while Jeongin grabbed a bottle of water and brought it over. Seungmin was furiously typing on his computer searching for flight information for themselves and Changbin.

Chan stayed on the phone with the police as they arrived at the scene. Jacob had already fled, leaving the door wide open. They reassured Chan that Felix had a pulse but that he looked to be in bad shape and was unconscious. They reassured him the paramedics should be arriving soon and that they would be transporting him to the local hospital immediately. Chan told them he would call Felix's parents and provided his phone number for any questions. He also informed them that they were going to catch the first available flight to Sydney immediately and would be there as soon as possible. They would be available for any questions at that time.

He hung up as Hyunjin sat up in a panic. "I've got to get to him!" He yelled at the others.

They all tried to calm him but he heard nothing they said. "HYUNG!" Jeongin finally yelled at him and Hyunjin froze. "This isn't helping Felix! You HAVE to calm down!" He said sternly. He could tell he had finally gotten through when Hyunjin took a deep breath before he looked up at Chan.

"Is he alive?" He asked, the terror in his voice hard for them to hear.

"Yes." Chan said and crouched in front of him. "He is alive, Jin. We need to get there as quickly as possible and to do that we need your help. Can you hold it together for us so we can do that?" His voice was kind but also no nonsense. Though only he and Changbin were connected to Felix, that connection meant he was part of the Stray Kids family and they took care of their own. Hyunjin took another deep breath and nodded. "What do you feel from him?"

"Nothing. It's silent. Usually when we sleep there is this hum or buzz that is more internal than a sound but right now there is nothing. It's scaring the shit out of me!"

"When Sungie had his checkup thing when they knocked him out; that happened too." Minho said softly as he rubbed Hyunjin's back. Changbin took a calming breath in at that. "When we sleep, our brains are still active so there is that residual thrum you were talking about. But when someone is actually unconscious there is a disconnect between the brain and the mind so there is nothing to transmit. The connection will be fine once he is awake again." Minho reassured him. Hyunjin nodded. {C- I know Jin, I'm terrified too but there is nothing we can do at this second. He needs us to focus on getting there. We have to hold in our panic right now.}

"Thank you Min for sharing that. I know it will help both Hyunjin and Changbin. Now, I need Lix's parent's number so I can call them and let them know what happened." Chan said.

Hyunjin wiped his face and sat up a bit, nodding before he paused. "No. I need to call them. They speak Korean so it's ok. I need you to go to the bosses and smooth it for Felix to come here with us when he is released and to push our schedules off. I'm not going to have him going back to that apartment alone. I also need you to call Vanessa so she and Arny can be at the hospital."