Chapter 6

A/N so here we are again. From here on, check the tags and warnings for the chapters. There are several things in the works that I do not want to give advance warning for until that chapter as it gives things away. So here we are again. As always I do not know or own the characters except those I have previously discussed IE Jacob, Vanessa and Arny (to some extent. He is based on a real person but I'm not going there.) Any resemblance to reality is purely coincidental. My stories are cross posted here and on AO3 and do not have my permission to be posted elsewhere. If you see it somewhere else or by another author please let me know. I work hard on my stories and they are my babies are therefore held possessively by me. If you want to be alerted when I update any of my stories you can follow _eyes_wideshut on twitter. This chapter is dedicated to Makirasan my fellow author. A special mutual scene in this chapter is completely due to her influence of throwing out ideas and I took it and ran with it. I hope I did it justice! Also to my platonic soul mates Jay and Syd. You two are my loves, my happiness; the best friends a girl could hope for.  Our game nights are the highlight of my week. Thank you for loving me, encouraging me and being my friend. Now get to the story already!

Felix waited for his tea to steep and fingered the hem of his new hoodie. He smiled again at the gift he had received. Yeah he had paid for the hoodie but Hyunjin had made sure he got so much more. It made him feel...he pondered that, trying to figure out how he felt. Cared for. It made him feel cared for. It was a good feeling, one that he wasn't used to. His phone rang and he answered without even looking.

"I'm not happy about last night." Jacob's voice growled. "How dare you humiliate me like that in front of my friends."

"Jacob. Just stop..." Felix lost his nerve. Last night? What the hell did I miss? Felix ran through a brief memory of the events. Don't even think about backing down! He said that to his friends in YOUR house while you were baking for him and he had the audacity to blame you? Felix's back straightened. Hyunjin was right. "I know what you said that set off Vanessa and I can't believe you said that about me. I need some time."

Jacobs' voice instantly became pleading. "Babe I'm sorry, really. They were giving me shit over being gay and you know you are the first guy I've ever been with. You remember how bad it freaked me out at first that you attracted me so much. I just reacted. I didn't mean it babe. So it's your fault that he is attracted to you? Maybe he is right.... Not even a little. Him being attracted to you is because you are an attractive guy. That doesn't make it your fault. That's a shitty attitude for him to have. It means he can treat you however he wants and just say it's your fault he wanted in your pants. Felix thought over all that. "Babe, are you even listening to me? I swear it's like you are so checked out lately. I'm here trying to talk and make us work out and you are spaced out."

"I'm not spaced out. I was thinking." Felix said tightly. "Why are you blaming me? We are both in this relationship yet you seem to think I coaxed you into this relationship against your will somehow."

"I didn't mean it like that babe. I'm just trying to talk to you."

"I'm not ready to talk yet. I need some time to think."

"Babe, don't do this. You know you will come right back and I'll get mad the longer I have to wait on you to apologize." For YOU to apologize? Felix, please see what he is doing.

"If you get angry, that's on you. Your emotions aren't my responsibility." Felix finally said. "I told you I need time. If you can't handle me taking some time to think things through then I can just end things right now."

"Felix!" Jacob's tone got tight. "Fine. Take some time. But I'm not happy about this."

"I'm sorry you aren't happy but I need this anyway." Felix said. "I'll call you next week." Felix hung up without waiting for a response. He went and got a bottle of water from the fridge and took a long gulp. I'm so sorry I wasn't around last night. His tone of thought was regretful. Were you busy? It seemed like maybe you were asleep but the time difference isn't that big. I took a sleeping pill early last night. While you were with your parents. It was one of hyung's and they are pretty strong. Why? Are you having trouble sleeping? Is it because of me? Felix's thoughts began to swirl in panic that he was hurting Hyunjin with his very presence. No no Lixie, please don't do that. It wasn't about that. I was honestly scared you were gonna be mad at me Why would I be mad at you? But as he asked he got a rush of emotions and feelings. Hyunjin. Felix thought gently. The care package was sweet. I wouldn't be mad at you for that.