Pt.1

NOTES:
-This is the 2nd story in my
"THE PRINCESS AND THE QUEEN" series Following :
SCROLL I: THE NEW ORDER    

So it's highly suggested you read that before this one if you haven't already. As this is a direct sequel and knowing the events and/or characters introduced in the previous story are important for understanding the plot of this story.     

-The word "Campaign" can be used as another term for war & the word "Domain" can be used as another term for kingdom                                      
___________________________________________________
INTRO QUOTE:
"War does not determine who is right, only who is left."        

___________________________________________________

It was a beautiful morning as a bit of sunlight seeped in through the covered window of the large room. As the lump of covers on the bed shifted slightly before returning to their previous motionless state. Not long after there was the sound of a door opening followed by footsteps that stopped next to the bed and a quick sigh. The lump felt a small nudge. In response it moved for a moment then settled back down. The lump quickly fell another nudge and this time let out a small muffled groan as it shifted again and returned to being still once more. Another sigh could be heard as footsteps returned and the curtain to room was thrown open and the bright sunlight filled the room. The footsteps then came back over to the bed and the uncooperative lump felt another light push and repeated its previous actions once again. That was when a pair of hands grabbed onto the end of the blankets and gave them one good tug. Pulling them right off the bed and onto the floor.

GABRIELLE
Gods!

Gabrielle shielded her sleepy eyes from the bright sunlight that beamed right in her face from the window.

XENA
(Joking tone) Morning sunshine.

Xena smirked as she folded her arms across her chest and looked at Gabrielle who was stll getting her eyes to adjust to the sudden burst of light.

GABRIELLE
(Sarcasm) Funny.

Gabrielle sat up and quickly grabbed the blanket to cover herself.

GABRIELLE
(Slightly annoyed) Damn it Xena I'm not wearing anything. You know you're lucky our bedroom is on the second floor. What if someone was looking up here?

XENA
(Joking) Then they would've gotten to see a whole new side to their queen.

Xena laughed as Gabrielle picked up a pillow and threw it at her.

GABRIELLE
(Joking) You're terrible you know that?

Xena caught the pillow and walked up to the side of the bed as she tossed it back on the bed and leaned in close to Gabrielle.

XENA
(Joking) Just the worst.

Xena smirked as she gave Gabrielle a kiss. Gabrielle smiled as Xena pulled away.

GABRIELLE
(Joking) Well as long as you're aware.

Gabrielle stretched as she looked out the window at the sunny day that awaited her.

GABRIELLE
I guess I should get up anyway.

XENA
(Joking) Not if you want the reputation of being a lazy queen.