Finale

It was about a month or so after Xena, Gabrielle and the others returned to the village after the war between the Amazon's ended. Dispite the events everyone seemed to be moving on relatively well. Hoping that with time to horrible events surrounding the war would be forgotten. So life returned to normal for everyone within the village. It was a sunny day as Gabrielle sat on the steps of her and Xena's house. She smiled to herself as she looked out at the happy village. She then closed her eyes and just relaxed. After a bit Gabrielle's smile grew when she heard footsteps come up to stairs and move behind her. Gabrielle tilted her head up as she opened her eyes.

GABRIELLE
Hey.

She saw Xena standing behind her looking down at her.

XENA
Hey yourself.

Xena sat down on a step above Gabrielle and Gabrielle leaned against her as the two watched the villagers.

XENA
Whatcha doing over here by yourself?

GABRIELLE
Nothing. Just enjoying the scenery. Doing a little thinking.

XENA
What about?

GABRIELLE
Just how not long ago everything got so crazy, so fast.

XENA
Yeah.

GABRIELLE
I'm just glad things are finally returning back to normal.

XENA
Me too.

While Xena and Gabrielle talked, Amarice came walking over.

AMARICE
Hey Gabrielle, Xena.

Both Xena and Gabrielle greeted their friend.

AMARICE
Oh here this came for you Gabrielle.

Amarice handed Gabrielle a scroll.

XENA
(Joking) So have you been deligated to bringing us our messages now?

AMARICE
(Joking) Apparently. Hey at least this time I'm not interrupting anything.

XENA
(Joking) That you know of.

Gabrielle playfully slapped Xena's leg.

GABRIELLE
(Joking) You're awful.

Amarice smiled as she shook her head.

AMARICE
I've got other stuff to do so I'll catch you guys later.

Amarice walked off as Gabrielle looked at the scroll she just received.

XENA
Huh it's got the same seel as the last letter you got from the council.

GABRIELLE
There's only two left right?

XENA
Yeah Gianna and Luna. And they were the two on your side during everything that went down.

GABRIELLE
Wonder what they want.

Gabrielle opened the scroll and read it out loud.

SCROLL
Queen Gabrielle,
We of the council wish to thank you for all you've done for our people. We would also like to offer an official apology for what transpired during the summit. It was most regrettable how things played out during the meeting and we hope you can forgive our foolishness for the things that were said.

Xena scoffed when Gabrielle got to that part.

XENA
Regrettable my ass. The way they treated you was more like you were on trial than attending a summit.

Gabrielle patted Xena's leg as she continued reading.

SCROLL 
We have since learned the truth behind the tragic events leading up to the war. During the final day of battle, The goddess Artemis graced us with her presence and explained that the true culprit behind everything was her brother the god of war, Ares. Which as she explained was due to some sort of vendetta that he had against you and the warrior princess, Xena. It would seem that we were all merely pawns in the gods scheme. But thanks to you, our allies and Artemis herself it appears as though Ares plans failed. We are now in the process of reforming a better council. One that is much more in tuned to our people. And you queen Gabrielle have our upmost respect and support. We are currently settling back in the sacred tree that Artemis has graciously restored in its entirety.