pt.17

An orb of light beamed from Ares' hand as he took aim to completely get rid of Gabrielle. Xena layed on the ground feet away unable to get up to stop the vengeful, jealous god. Ares smirked at the thought of him finally about to succeed in getting rid of Gabrielle and claiming Xena as his own. He let out a yell just as he prepared to launch the attack.

ARES
Now to totally annihilate you for good.

XENA
No!

?
Enough!

Ares paused after an unknown woman's voice cut through the air and a bright light flashed. Xena layed there and looked on as a mysterious woman appeared. Ares looked stunned to see the woman as she approached him.

?
(Angry tone) What in the known universe do you think you're doing?

Ares lowered his hand as the orb of energy vanished.

ARES
(Nervous tone) Oh uh hey there sis.

XENA
(Thinking to herself) Sis?
(Thinking to herself sarcastically) Great another god.

The goddess stormed up to Ares and gave him a good, hard smack across the face. He stepped back as he held his cheek and shook off the strike.

ARES
Oww. I thought you didn't like violence.

?
(Angry) Well when I find out that my idiotic brother decides to start a civil war among my chosen people over some mortal woman who doesn't even want him. I'm gonna be more than a little upset.

As Xena heard her speak she almost couldn't believe it.

XENA
(Thinking to herself) Artemis.

The reason why Xena was so surprised was because the goddess Artemis never really showed herself to people. The goddess had a reputation for being shy around humans for some reason. No one that Xena knew of had heard of anyone ever actually seeing her appear. Infact alot of Amazons had thought that Artemis had simply decided to totally ignore them all together. Though based on the fact that the goddess was actually here, Xena could tell that must not be true.

ARES
I uh..

ARTEMIS
(Angry tone) Do you really not have anything to say?

Ares cautiously shrugged.

ARES
I'm the god of war?

ARTEMIS
(Angry tone) Are you crazy? You've caused so much pain and destruction for your own selfish gains. And the fact that you send me off somewhere ro try and keep me from finding out. That's low, even for you.

ARES
(Irritated tone) Yeah well what are you gonna do about it?

For the first time since she appeared, Artemis smiled.

ARTEMIS
Funny you should ask because I actually did come here with something very specific in mind.

The goddess snapped her fingers and suddenly chains appeared wrapped around Ares. He struggled to get free but the restraints wouldn't budge.

ARTEMIS
Oh stop struggling you know you can't get out of those. And that your powers have been suppressed. So all you're gonna do now is tire yourself out.

Ares let out a frustrated yell as he gave up and stood there with a very unhappy look on his face. Artemis simply smiled at him and then turned to Xena. The goddess walked over and bent a knee as she looked at Xena.

ARTEMIS
I apologize for my brother. Here allow me to heal your injuries.

Artemis waved her hand over Xena. Instantly Xena felt her body begin to tingle as she looked down to see the various cuts, scraps and bruises fading away. Along with the pain that she had been experiencing as her strength returned. Xena looked at the goddess as Artemis stood up.