pt.2

Gabrielle walked outside as she looked over the letter she received, trying to make sense of what it meant. She decided that if anyone in the village knew it would probably be either Ephiny or Valassca. So she went off to find where either of the two were. Gabrielle looked around the village and eventually found Velasca reading under a tree. Gabrielle walked over to her. She didn't even get to say anything, when without looking up Velasca made it clear that she wasn't all to happy with her presence.

VELASCA
(Slightly annoyed tone) What do you want Gabrielle?

GABRIELLE
I don't mean to bother you but I thought you'd be able to help me with something.

VELASCA
(Slightly annoyed tone) You're queen, you shouldn't need my help.

GABRIELLE
Yes well even a ruler could use assistance from time to time.

For the first time Velasca glanced up from her paper at Gabrielle.

VELASCA
(Slightly annoyed tone) Obviously some more than others.

EPHINY
Oh stop giving her a hard time already.

Velasca and Gabrielle looked and saw Ephiny walking over. Velasca then returned to her reading.

VELASCA
Why don't you help her then?

While she wasn't exactly happy with Velasca attitude towards their queen, Ephiny decided not to get into an argument with her about it right then. Plus it was no secret that Velasca didn't really like Gabrielle and only tolerated her because of her being queen. Though that was also the reason behind her unwelcoming attitude towards her in the first place. So Ephiny just figured she'd handle whatever it was that Gabrielle wanted.

EPHINY
Fine.

She looked at Gabrielle.

EPHINY
Okay Gabrielle what did you need?

Gabrielle handed Ephiny the scroll that she had received.

GABRIELLE
I got this message and I not really sure what it means. I asked Xena and she didn't know either.

Ephiny opened and read the message. Afterwards she gave Gabrielle back the paper.

EPHINY
You've been officially been summoned to an Amazon summit.

GABRIELLE
I get that part, but what does it mean? I've never heard of an Amazon summit.

VELASCA
Why does that not surprise me?

Gabrielle gave Velasca a brief disapproving look.

GABRIELLE
(Annoyed tone) Hey I haven't been queen or even an Amazon for all that long you know.

VELASCA
Trust me I'm very much aware of your overly hastened rise to power.

EPHINY
(Angry tone) You're out of line Valassca. You may not like it but Gabrielle is your queen and you'll treat her with the respect she deserves.

VELASCA
How have I been disrespectful. I'm merely stating facts. Gabrielle knows far too little to be in the position she's in.

EPHINY
I know full well what you meant.

Ephiny sighed as she returned her attention to Gabrielle.

EPHINY
As much as I hate to admit it, she does kind of have a point though. You do need to learn more about some of the more political aspects of how things are done.

GABRIELLE
It's kinda hard to do that when I haven't gotten to spend a ton of time with the Amazon's since becoming queen.

EPHINY
I'm not saying it's your fault. If anything it's mine for not telling you this stuff sooner.