Late Night Run (Modern AU) ʚïɞ

Genshin x Male!Cashier

Characters: Bennett, Xiao, Chongyun, Gorou, Thoma, Scaramouche, Aether

(All done separately)

600+ words

Bennett

This poor sweet boy is still in denial. One Moment he's making a late-night run to the store for snacks, and the next he's trying to hide his internal screaming about the cute cashier.

He was having a movie night with Razor, but thanks to his bad luck all the snacks he had bought had gone bad. So he ran out for some more before they started the movie. After he had loaded the shopping basket with a variety of snacks, Bennett made his way to the registers. As expected there wasn't anyone in line. So he started loading the items onto the conveyor belt. Looking over at the cashier he saw that he was packing up. You have got to be kidding. Was the store closing before he could get his snacks?! His luck really was bad...

"In case you're wondering, the store isn't closing. My late night shift is over so I'm just getting ready to switch out with my partner." He spoke, not looking up from his bag. Bennett's doubts slowly disappeared as he took a breath. Finally all packed, the young male turned to exit from behind the register. He walked over to a side door opening it. Bennett could hear muffled talking as he assumed they were catching up with a co-worker. Although he had to get back to Razor he didn't want to interrupt their conversation.

"Wait, you just left him there?!" A voice shouted from behind the door. As he was talking he pulled the door the rest of the way open before looking straight at Bennett. Sighing he turned to his friend once again, "you can't just have conversations and leave a customer waiting man.." he sweat dropped, watching as his friend shrugged.

"Well, whatever. He's your problem now." Folding his arms behind his head he finally walked out of the room. Bennett looked back up as he heard footsteps approaching.

"Sorry about that man, I'll get your stuff rung up ok?" You said with a smile. You got to work as you started scanning the items and making sure none were scanned twice. Meanwhile, Bennett was in his own place. You just looked so handsome, how does someone come out this good-looking?! Bennett had no idea, but one thing for sure was he wasn't able to look away. It wasn't until you teasingly mentioned his staring did he finally stop. Great now you probably think he's a perv...

You had finally packed all the things neatly into a paper bag before handing it to him. Bennett went to grab it as he looked at your name tag...(Y/N). What a lovely name. As you two said goodbye to each other Bennett made his way out with a racing heart, but before he could grab the handle of the door he was interrupted.

"Hey! Cutie! You forgot your receipt!" You yelled- wait...cutie?! Looking around Bennett looking for someone else that you'd be talking to. "Yes, you." You chuckle, leaning your head on your hand. "Your receipt," you said again, holding it out. Swallowing Bennett walked over, he could just say he didn't need it, but he was willing to spend as much time in your presents as he could.

Taking the receipt Bennett thanked you again. Walking to the door and actually leaving this time. Why would you give him a receipt? Were you just messing with him? He stared at it for a second before walking over to a trash can. He reached his hand out to throw it away only to pause as he noticed scribbled writing on the bottom of it. Pulling it back he looked closer. It was...someone's number? Who would write their number on a receipt? The only person who- Oh...OH! You had written your number on the receipt, that's why you offered it to him...maybe, Bennett wasn't as unlucky as he thought