Demon Slayer Training

Hello there, everyone!

Oh. My. GOD. This chapter made me lose lots of sleep.

I wrote it no less than 3 times, then deleted everything for thinking it was straight up BAD!

I still think it's bad, but not as bad as it was at some point.

I'll take all the criticism you guys have to throw at me. I'll rewrite this again if need be!

I hope you guys enjoy reading this one, and I'll see you in the next chapter... hopefully.

Kisses!

>>>⚔️<<<

Ulrich's Demon Slayer training started as early as possible, with the first light of the day.

The sounds of clashing steel stood out amidst the beautiful day bathing the gardens of the Demon Slayers Headquarters.

Rengoku didn't plan to lose a second of time as he insisted in training the new addition to their ranks. As did the Master, he thought perhaps a new perspective would give them an advantage in the fights yet to come. But not only that, Ulrich was well above the regular Demon Slayer trainee, having at least 5 years of training and combat experience. In terms of swordsmanship, he's practically a Hashira.

"It's been a while since I had a good duel!" Exclaimed the Flame Hashira, as he clashed swords against Ulrich, holding him back. "You were holding back against Obanai?"

"I didn't need to show off! I just had to show that I was beyond what he thought of myself!" Ulrich replied, pushing Rengoku back to make some distance between the two. "You said yourself, Tomioka, Obanai and Mitsuri were 'Hashiras'. Are there any others?"

"Yes!" Said Rengoku, already parrying another attack from Ulrich. "There are nine of us! The Hashira are the strongest Demon Slayers of the Corps! Capable of dealing with the most dangerous of Demons! In terms of ranking, we're second only to the Master!" Rengoku had a sense of pride to count himself among the Hashira, a flame that was seen in his eyes. "Is there something like that in your Order?" He wondered.

"Yes, actually!" Ulrich parrying an attack with the palm of his hand, simply moving the blade to one side and moving to the other, which earned a few points with Rengoku, impressed by his repertoire of skills. "Master Hunters!" Ulrich continued. "They're the highest ranked Hunters in the Order. I actually became a Master the day after..." Suddenly he stopped, looking thoughtful to the ground.

"Is something wrong?" Rengoku lowered his sword.

"Well, I guess we're this far in, and you're going to be in charge of my training for now on, so I guess you should know the whole story." He sighed, reaching for his front pocket, where he kept a photograph. He grabbed it, cracking a brief smile as he looked at it for a second.

"These are my sister, Leonie, and my Master, Johann." He handed the photograph to Rengoku.

The Flame Hashira looked at it, he saw a younger Ulrich, beside his sister, who looked a lot like him, and an old man.

"She was 13 years old when Master Johann took us under his wing, I was 14." Ulrich explained. "Our father used to help the Vampire Hunters, until one day they decided to come for his family. Both of my parents died, but not after hiding me and my sister under the floorboards. We had to watch as those monsters tortured them for information, and then kill them. If it weren't for Johann we could've died as well."