A Tale From The Past - Part 1

Hello, everyone!

Welcome to another chapter!

I'm really happy I was able to post this chapter this week. I wasn't feeling too well for a few days, just a cold that kept me out of action for a little while, nothing to worry about. Thankfully I'm already recovering.

This is the first chapter of the little "Ulrich's backstory arc", which shouldn't last more than two or three chapters. Just to explain a little about the character or whatnot, I'm sure you guys want to see more action soon, and I'll deliver!

I hope you enjoy this one! Don't forget to leave a vote if you really enjoyed it, it helps a ton!

I'll see you in the next one!

Kisses!

>>>>>⚔️<<<<<

Ten...

Years...

Ago...

The distinctive sound of metal hitting on wood broke the silence in the forest. The birds and animals were used to the sound by now, from many years of hearing it every day at the same time of the day, early in the morning.

A young, blonde boy with blue eyes, medium length hair, wearing a simple dark brown robes and trousers, as well as sturdy boots to help him navigate the terrain, as well as leather gloves to protect his hands. He swung his axe at the tree trunk, already too old and weathered, almost falling over by itself. Finally, in a final swing of his axe, the tree fell, the cracking sound of the wood finally giving in to its own weight.

"One more of these, and we're done for today." Said the boy wiping the sweat that fell from his forehead.

As he approached another tree, ready to swing his axe once more, the voice of a young woman called for him.

"Ulrich, Ulrich!"

He turned around to meet a young girl, dressed in a simple, blue dress adorned with red and yellow flowers. She wore a linen coif, the same color as her dress. Her eyes, just as her brother, were blue. She also carried a basket, covered with another piece of cloth.

"What is it, sis?" Questioned Ulrich.

"Mother made your favorite." She placed it down on a big rock near Ulrich. "Bienenstich!"

"Oh? That's great!" He was surprised. "Thank you for bringing it here!"

It was a simple, peaceful life, away from the turmoil of the modern world. Ulrich lived with his mother and sister, working as a woodsman to help in providing the few comforts they needed.
Every day, he would wake up early to start his day of work, looking for the oldest trees in the forest that surrounded their home.

"Don't forget to head home early today! You don't wanna catch a cold!" Warned Leonie, worried about her brother. Being only one year older, she still held the responsibility of taking care of her brother, despite the difference in their ages being minimal.