The Hunter's Sword

Your eyes don't deceive you, this story is still alive, and so am I!

I know, I know, I took a LOOOOONG time to update, but trust me, I had a lot going on which completely killed my writing spirit, I'll just leave it at that. Sorry for leaving you guys hanging, hopefully it won't happen again...hopefully.

Without any more delays, let's just get to this chapter.

I hope you enjoy it! I'll see you in the next one!

Kisses!

>>>⚔️<<<

The journey home was filled with thoughts about the past battle, as well as any future ones.

Ulrich was now a certified Demon Slayer, and the path ahead will be filled with challenges. But the most important thing of all, he could now face the Demon who put him in that path to begin with, the very woman he once loved, who took everything he loved: Liz, if that was even her real name.

Eager to return home, barely stopped in his journey back, once or twice to recuperate his energy, eat and drink. Soon, he found himself back at the heart of Japan, arriving once again in the secrecy of the headquarters of the Demon Slayer Corps, where his old friend awaited right upfront.

"You're back!" Exclaimed Rengoku. "I knew you'd make it!"

"Hardly a challenge for a hardened Vampire Hunter." Ulrich said with confidence. "What happens next?" He inquired, heading straight to the point. "When can I start hunting these Demons for real?"

"Walk with me." Said Rengoku, heading inside the headquarters.

The hunter did as he told and followed Rengoku.
Once inside, he explained what Ulrich needed to know about how their order operates. Since the Corps is also a cell outside of government control, as is the Legion, Ulrich was used to the basics of the whole operation.

"Now that you're a certified Demon Slayer, you need to look the part!" Said Rengoku, as a Kakushi brought forward a robe.

"Lord Rengoku." The Kakushi bowed respectfully as he handed the robe.

"I asked them to make you this! I think you'll find it appropriate!" Rengoku handed the robe to the hunter.

Ulrich grabbed it and quickly unfolded it, revealing a dark half cape, with the kanji for "destroy" engraved on the back, like the regular Demon Slayer uniform.

"I figured your order must've provided you with your own uniform that suit your purposes in combat. That should give you a little of our own benefits on top of that! That material is lightweight, durable, and it's also water-resistant and non-flammable!"

"That's great! I appreciate the thought!" Said Ulrich, already donning his cape, covering the left side of his body. "And speaking of equipment!" He grabbed his sword, returning it to its owner. "It helped a lot in the Final Selection. It's a little different from what I'm used to, but I guess it worked out in the end."

"I'm glad it was useful!" Rengoku grabbed the sword.

"And speaking of swords..."

"Oh! That's right! I forgot to mention!" The Hashira recalled something. "Your sword!"