A Tale From The Past - Part 2

Hello there, everyone!

Here I am with another chapter! I know, I know, I took a long time away from this story. But I had good reasons. Without getting into too much detail, I just wasn't feeling it. It's actually a miracle I brought myself to write this chapter, because to be completely honest, despite enjoying writing this story, I just don't feel it as much as my other stories.

I know it sounds weird, but that's just how I feel. I'm gonna try to update this story more regularly, but no promises!

Anyways. For today's chapter, it's the second, and final, part of A Tale From The Past. I hope it's enjoyable! I have to admit this isn't my best chapter ever, but it's what I could write using 20% of my power, lol.

I hope you enjoy it, and I'll see you in the next one!

Kisses!

⚔️

"For two years, Johann made us endure all sorts of punishments. He called them 'challenges' Hah!" Ulrich laughed. "Looking back, I'm not sure if he just wanted to beat us into shape. He sais he wanted to make sure we would be ready for everything if we really wanted a future in this Vampire Hunting business." Ulrich continued to tell his story as he poured another shot of sake. Starting to enjoy the drink."

"What kinds of punishments?" Curiously inquired Mitsuri.

"Running Marathons, climbing dangerous  mountains, hundreds of push-ups, sit ups, and so much more. The thousands of hours reading and practicing fencing. Not to mention he would force us to go a few days awake, no sleep at all. 'Your enemy knows no fear, doesn't get tired. You will not rest until you're ready!' 'You will need a strong body as well as a strong mind!' He would say. I guess in the end it did pay off, so I don't question it." Ulrich continued to tell his story.

⚔️

"We've been going through this for so long!" Said a young, yet older than he was when the Vampire took his mother. The hard work and all the hell he went through had finally paid off, as his built was visibly bigger than he was not too long ago. Carrying a pack full of weights on his back, as did his sister, they ran down a mountain. "How long is he going to keep doing this?"

"We have no other choice, Ulrich. We lost everything, the Legion is our only hope."

Finally they reached the foot of the mountain where their master awaited.

"Good work. You did better this time, but there's always room for improvement."

"Excuse me, Master Johann." Ulrich sat down the weights and approached. "We've been doing this for almost three years now. I think we're well past the point of proving ourselves."

"You think?" Johann let out a brief laugh. "You tense up whenever you have to duel and flinch whenever you block an attack packing a punch. Your footwork is also sloppy."

Ulrich looked with disappointment at his sister who simply shook her head.

"This isn't some sort of game, son. You're dealing with life and death situations. It's an uphill battle for all of us. Being 100% sure you're ready is of upmost importance." Johann walked away. "But..." He stopped, looking halfway back. "If you're so thirsty for action, I'm sure we can find a way to test your mettle."