The Final Selection

Hello there, everyone!

Sorry for taking so long to write this chapter. I wish I had a better excuse than just laziness, but that's honestly about it, I just got lazy. That and I just wasn't feeling it I guess? But now that's in the past and the new chapter is here!

I hope you enjoy it! As always, I encourage you to be brutally honest with me, this is far from my best work, and I'll accept any and all criticism towards my writing, after all, that's the way we improve!

Thank you so much for reading, I'll see you in the next one!

Kisses!

>>>⚔️<<<

The Final Selection. An event organized to test young Demon Slayers who are yet to be recognized by the Corps. A brutal selective process that aims to filter the best from the unprepared by quite literally throwing the individuals undertaking the test in the eye of the storm: Mount Fujikasane.

A place surrounded by Wisteria flowers, highly poisonous to Demons, that bloom every season, making it a prison to the Demons who are captured alive by Demon Slayers every year. The perfect stage for the test.

Examinees are to, or at least try, survive seven nights trapped in the woods with the captured Demons, without any kind of outside help. Only then, considering the examinee survived, they are permitted to officially join the ranks of the Demon Slayer Corps.

It was already night when Ulrich reached the starting point to the Final Selection. A temple at the base of the mountain. Surrounded from all sides of Wisteria trees, the lilac leaves gleaming in the one remaining blue eye of the hunter. He had known his fair share of beautiful places in his years of vampire hunting, but that was a sight to behold, it stood out from everything he had seen.

"So this is Wisteria, huh?" He grabbed a handful of leaves that arched a little closer to his reach. "It acts like poison to Demons. It could prove useful." Ulrich then took a couple of petals, thanking and hoping the tree and its caretakers wouldn't mind.

He reached the bottom of stone stairs leading up to a higher level in the mountain. Little by little, he noticed the numbers of young Demon Slayer hopefuls growing as he inched closer to the top.

"Certainly more people than I expected. I wish the Legion had this many brave recruits in our Final Test." He laughed.

A few heads turned to glance over at the Hunter, who stood out from the others. Not only from his exquisite clothing, but from his stride of confidence, combined with the firm look in his eyes that indicated veterancy and competence, unlike the inexperienced and nervous looks in the eyes of the others.

After a brief walk, Ulrich reached the end of the path, where under a tori gate, two familiar looking faces awaited.