A Heart Ablaze

Hello there, everyone!

Short chapter this time, I'm sorry to say. I wanted to write more, but I felt like the end would be better if I left as it stands right now, the next chapter will probably be back with the regular 2/3k words.

Don't forget to leave a comment if you're enjoying, or if you aren't. If you're really enjoying it, consider dropping a vote, it helps a bunch!

As always, thank you guys for reading my story, and I'll see you in the next chapter!

Kisses!

>>> ⚔️<<<

"Who... what are you?" Ulrich questioned, although he had a pretty solid idea of what that guy was about, given his exquisite getup.

"Are you alright? You handled yourself pretty well!" The man kept his smile as he worried about the random "civilian" he just saved from the Demon.

"You're a Demon Slayer, aren't you?" Ulrich sheathed his sword. "I've been looking for you."

"Looking, for me?" Wondered the man. "Is there something wrong?"

"You have the look in your eyes, the look of a Hunter." Ulrich stepped forward, extending his hand to greet the man. He found the gesture strange, but extended his hand back out of politeness. Ulrich shook his hand firmly, looking into his eyes. "Ulrich Von Liechtenstein. Vampire Hunter. And you are?"

"Rengoku Kyojuro!" He replied with pride. "I have no idea what a Vampire Hunter is!"

"I'm from a far, distant land. Like yourself, I hunt these vile beings who prey on the innocent, much like these Demons." He looked back at what little was left from the Demon, fading away like ashes in the wind. "One of these Demons made its way to my country. It..." Ulrich hesitated for a second before continuing. "Killed... a few people. So I've been led to believe I could find the Demon Slayers to help me find this Demon and put an end to its miserable life." Ulrich pulled from his pocket the symbol of the flower, Rengoku knew it immediately, it was the Wisteria flower. "All I have is this. I was told this could lead me somewhere."

Rengoku was amazed by the story. Never before had he heard Vampires, much less about another type of slayer, who hunts and kills them just like a Demon Slayer.

"That explains a lot! Your skills are impressive!" He said with excitement. "If what you said is true, then we have a problem in our hands! Come with me!" He led the way.

Rengoku led Ulrich away from the alleyway, taking him somewhere they could talk about the matter in private, without worrying about anyone eavesdropping, especially since it is a serious matter.

"Never before have I heard of a Demon operating far from the main island. Usually the sun takes care of them if they get too bold."

"So the sun is also their weakness?"

"Indeed." Replied Rengoku. "The light if the sun is the one thing keeping them from running amok, wracking havoc everywhere they go."

After a brief walk, Rengoku brought the hunter to what looked like some sort of inn from the outside. A bigger house, different from the usual shop or regular home of the residential area. He moved to the side what looked like curtains standing in front of the front door, revealing the usual white screens, but this time, with the purple symbol of Wisteria on the front doors.