🦄Friendships and High School🦄

Third person

All the rumors and jokes behind Apani's back started her freshman year of high school. Her and a girl named Shayla became friends. They started getting close to each other. They would hang out every day after school. They met up and hung out almost every weekend as well.

Once they had been hanging out for half of the school year, Shayla decided that she really liked Apani. So one day she told her, while they were hanging out at the beach. Apani was happy because she had started to like her as well. But she never felt like the feelings were mutual, so she kept her feelings to herself.

After talking about how they felt, both of them decided to be girlfriends. Everything was fine up until Shayla started to become embarrassed of their relationship. Around others she wouldn't hold Apani's hand or she'd make sure they weren't too close to each other. Sometimes Shayla would even avoid her all day in school.

This started to really get to Apani because she had let her guard down. She thought that Shayla was someone that she could trust. Every time she asked her was everything ok, Shayla would say nothing is wrong.

It got to a point where as long as they were by themselves Shayla would be affectionate. She would do all the things that a girlfriend does. But in school or around others she would be distant.

Then one day, Shayla decided to break up with her. She didn't even have a reason for why. She just said that they should be friends. The worst part was Shayla stopped talking to her altogether and even began to laugh at the jokes people told.

This reaction caused Apani to confront her. She let it be known that she didn't have a problem kissing her when she wasn't around her "other" friends. Shayla got angry and tried to deny it. She hit Apani causing them to get into a fist fight. No one really believed Shayla after the fight, but the fight caused all the small minded people to be assholes. So after that day school became a living hell for Apani.

🐆🐺🐆🐺🐆

Apani's Pov

Guys being guys thought that they could "fix" me. Some of the football players decided to get a bet started. The bet was that one of them could get me to have sex with them. Then I wouldn't be a weird kind of lesbian anymore. Whatever the hell that means. Sex can't "fix" how someone feels on the inside anyway.

So they would flirt with me, try to give me gifts and ask me out on dates. I always said no, which caused lots of arguments and name calling. The guys would call me a weird bitch or say I'm stuck up. Because "all" the other girls want them. Some would even slap my butt when I walked by. Which I hated it with a passion. But what was worse to me was being pulled into an unwanted hug. It felt like my skin was crawling. I hate being touched by random people. Especially, in a sexual way.

My mom came out to the school so many times. But they would lie and say that the situation is being handled. Uncle Billy had to come to the school and threaten to have the principal's job taken away for something to happen. It didn't stop things completely, but it was a little better.

Things didn't really change until my sophomore year. That's when my best friend for life came to high school. Apparently, the bet was still going on. He put a stop to it. The whole school was talking about that locker room fight. Ace found out which guy started the bet. He beat the shit out of him.

Ace made it to where people would only whisper about me. No one wanted to go up against him. His friend Jared stood up for me as well. I didn't care about the whispers though. I had gotten used to ignoring it.

(Unbeknownst to Apani, Jared had a huge crush on her. Paul knew about his crush of course, but felt like he wasn't going to get in the middle. So he never said anything and Jared never spoke up.)