🦄First Shift🦄

Apani's Pov

I woke up feeling off today. I took a long cold shower, because I was feeling overheated. The shower helped a lot.

Then I went on about getting ready for the day. I got a few college acceptance letters. So I'm going to talk to mom later about my decision. I think I am going to go to Western Washington University. It's not far from home and I can come home whenever I want to. My sister and cousins went far for college. They can only come on holidays because of the flight cost. I definitely don't want that. I like the idea of being able to drive home every weekend if I wanted to.

After eating breakfast I decided to go to uncle Billy's. I haven't been over to his house in awhile.

I get there and I hear talking coming from the shed. I decided to go see uncle Billy first. I walk in and he is watching tv. He sees me and asks how I'm doing? I told him I feel a little off but nothing to worry about.

I sat down and told him about my thoughts on choosing the college I want to attend. He said that he loved my choice and thinks my mom will too. I asked uncle Billy where Jay was and he stated that she was out in the shed.

I got up and headed out to the shed. As I turn the corner I see Bella's truck and I hear a lot of yelling. I think to myself this can't be good.

I reach the shed and Jake is standing in between Jay and Bella. I walk in and ask what's going on? Jacob says "Jay is jealous because he has Bella over and no one wants her." I roll my eyes and think here we go with the dumb shit. So I say correction, "Jay doesn't want any of them."

He seriously can't be this delusional to think this girl really likes him when she only comes around him when she is bored. Usually she is too busy or always has something to do. Then she ends up with a boyfriend. Like duh you can't be that dumb.

So I asked why they were arguing? Jacob says, Bella said that Jay tried to trip her when she walked by. Jay said she wasn't even close enough to trip her even if she wanted to. So Jacob was like all she had to do was apologize.

I roll my eyes and turn around to walk away. So Jacob yells at me, "you're just jealous too because you don't know what the hell you want to be with and I have someone that makes me happy."

I stop mid step and turn around and literally pounce on his ass so quick he can't retaliate. I literally beat the hell out of him. I saw red and could not stop swinging.

Next thing I know I'm in the woods feeling like I'm bursting out of my skin. I was panting and sweating.

After that I see fur and four legs. I started freaking out, "holy shit, holy shit, holy shit I don't have hands, where are my fucking hands? What the fuck is that a tail?"

Then I look up and see Sam Uley burst into a damn big ass black wolf. I'm trying to yell what the fuck is going on?  But all I can hear is hissing, and growling though.

Then the sand starts flying up around us like crazy. It looks like a sand storm. Then I hear a voice in my head that says calm down and count while you breathe. I look in front of me and tilt my head and Sam said yes it's me talking to you. So I try counting and breathing and the sand stops spinning around us.

Sam then says in my mind to think of myself as human so I can shift back. He said think about how your hands and feet work. Then he walks behind the tree and comes back in human form with a shirt in his hands. He lays the shirt down in front of me then turns his back to me.

I start thinking about my hands and feet. It took awhile but eventually I was human again. I put the shirt on and called out Sam's name. He turned around and said we have a lot to talk about. He said follow me home so we can talk. I followed him. He was always nice in school. I never really talked to him though. He was a year ahead of me.

We get to Sam's house and he says are you hungry? I said I could eat. So he made us some sandwiches and grabbed us a bottle of water. We walked to his table and sat down. Then he started telling me that all the legends we heard growing up are all true.

He went on to tell me about the treaty, imprinting, and etc. He let me ask questions and answered them all. The only one he couldn't answer was why I was a cat and he was a wolf.

So he stated that he would talk to uncle Billy or I could. I asked him why and he told me that uncle Billy was a wolf shifter before the accident. Then it all made sense to me why he was watching me and asking how I was doing all the time?

Sam told me that I could spend the night in the guest room. He said that it would be best to distance myself until I can get control of myself. He said that he didn't even know it was possible to make sand storms as shifters. So I agreed with him. Even though I don't like staying away from Jay and Ace. Especially, Ace because his dad is a dick.

I asked Sam about imprinting and he told me what happened between him, Leah, and Emily. So I asked him why didn't he and Emily just decide to be friends? Sam told me that the imprintee gets to choose the type of relationship that you have. You will be whatever they want or need you to be.

Basically, in my opinion Emily chose to break Leah all the way after their break up. "Wow" is all I can think. Sam also let me know that Emily was in the process of moving to her family home here on the reservation.

Then he's going to move in with her. Sam also let me know that if your imprint is young it would always start out as a protector and brother/sister bond.

I thought about how I never really saw his mom anymore. So I asked where she was. He said that she only comes out of her room to eat and go to work. She is basically a shell of herself. That really wowed me.

Imprinting is very serious. It was late by the time we finished talking. So I headed up to the guest room to go to sleep. All I could think about was college. Now I can't go on campus anymore. And how I really fucking hate leeches. They fucked up my life. Stupid ass fucking Cullens. Why the fuck did they have to come back here? This shit is not fair.

It took a longtime, but I finally fell asleep after calling and telling my mom I was staying with Jay. Then texting Ace that I wasn't going to be home just in case he came over. My mom will still let him stay.

 My mom will still let him stay