Ch.21 ~ nightmare reverse comfort

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cL5lQ25nOow

~⤊⤊playlist to listen to while reading~

~soooooo, this is future me, I kinda ran out of motivation near the end and I also need to get to sleep cus it is currently 12:30 am on a Tuesday morning/Monday night, so I need to get to sleep since I have sleep tomorrow, so I only made it to like 980 words, I'm so very sorry~
________________________________
'Recap'

That was until I heard a little whimper but didn't think much of it, and fell in to a light sleep. This ended when I heard a nother whimper followed by a sniffle.

'End of recap'

I opened my eyes to make sure Sal was ok and it looked like he just had a swift nightmare, so I played with his hair as I fell asleep to ground him a little. It had been about 7 minutes since I  had started playing with his hair and he didn't seem to get any more nightmares so I allowed myself to fall into a light sleep.

********************************************
(2:00 am)

'Narrator's pov'

*gasp*

Sal had woken up, with tears in his eyes and sweat dripping down the side of his face. He tried to keep quiet with small whimpers here and there but ultimately failed when y/n woke up.

'Y/n's pov'

I had woken up to sounds of someone crying, and a few gasps for air here and there. I had turned over to see Sal sitting up in bed in fetal position clutching his knee's.

"Mm... baby?"

"Hm..*pant* I'm sorry sweetie. *small gasp for air* D-did I wake you up?"

" *sniff* I-I didn't mean to..."

"No, it's fine you didn't wake me. But are you okay, you sound like your crying"

"No,no, I'm okay. *sigh* I-I don't know, it's... it's kinda embarrassing"

"It's ok, you can tell me about it, I wouldn't judge you."

"I wish I could talk to you about it but I-I don't know...*sniff/whimper*"

"I don't know... I just feel like... I just feel like you would just tell me to deal with it and go back to sleep..." another sniff came from him.

"Ok, I'm mean, but not that mean. C'mon you can tell me anything, I can give you solutions, I could just listen to you, or I could do both, which ever you would prefer."

"Really?.... You promise?"

"I promise!"

"Sorry that I'm kinda doubtful"

"Your not doubtful all of the time."

"I am-I am doubtful... it's just because... I don't know... no one was... no one was there for me before I moved... but now-now I have you"

"Aww, that's so sweet of you. But do you mind telling me why your crying?" I was now sitting up and I had placed my hand on his right (face) cheek, caressing it with my thumb in a soothing manner.

"I-I'm sorry. It's just that I-I get really bad nightmares... I-it will wake me up and... and it's so vivid that I think it's real and just start crying. I'm sorry I-... I don't mean to cry right in front of your face"

"It's alright I don't mind."

"I'm sorry baby"

"Do you want a hug or maybe to cuddle?"

"Yeah-yeah, it feels better when your close to me"

I pulled him into a cuddling position;

(Sals on the right, your on the left)

"...thank you baby"

"My pleasure, but do you wanna talk about this nightmare or yours?"

"I-I don't know... sometimes I-... I just think about stuff that... makes my life kind of hard"

"I'm guessing that sentence is mainly aimed at your prosthetic?"

"Yeah... it kinda sounds pathetic considering you don't complain one bit about yours..."

"It doesn't sound pathetic, just because I don't express my feelings about my prosthetic Doesn't mean that I don't have anything about it to complain about, so no, I don't think it sounds pathetic."

"R-really... you don't?"

"Of course not!"

"Thank you baby, your the best." He said as he nuzzled into my chest and tightened his grip around my waist, pulling me closer, to which I gladly embraced.

"No problemo" and I started to play with his hair like I did before we both fell asleep the first time.

"Mmmm... have I ever told you how much I love it when you play with my hair?" He said sleepily with closed eyes.

"I believe so, yes"

"Well I'm... gonna say it again... I love when you play with... with my hair." It sounded like he was about to pass out.

I chuckled a bit before he said;

"And if you keep doing it...your gonna put me to sleep... and I might just never... let you go."

"And being stuck with you in a bed cuddling, yes please."

He chuckled a bit before saying;

"As a matter a fact I think I'm gonna go to sleep in like... right now, night, bby"

"Good night sally."

"Mmm, never mind.... That just gave me an adrenaline rush. I like when you call me sally... can you say it again?"

"I love you, sally"

His face was as red as a tomato, and I couldn't tell if it was because me saying I love you, or his nickname.

"I can't tell if I'm blushing because you said I love you or you saying my nick name..."

"That's what I was just thinking"

"Hehe, Ya'know what they say, ...great minds think alike..."

"Yep! But for real we have school tomorrow, we need to get sleep."

"Agreed... night night, I love you"

"Good night, I love you too"

And with that we were both asleep.
________________________________

~that was wayyyy cuter then it should've been!!!~

(980 words)

~have a good rest of your night or day, thanks for reading this chapter, and see you later~