chapter 3: team assemble

Cas, Ruby, and Jaune had finally made it to ceremony hall.

Ruby! Over here! I saved you a spot! Yang said.

Oh! Hey, gotta go! I'll see you after the ceremony! Ruby said.

Hey, wait! Jaune said but it was late.

Yo Cas, over here! Anika said, waving to him.

Oh my friends, i'll see ya later pal, Cas said.

Great, where am I supposed to find another nice, quirky girl to talk to? Jaune said in disappointment.

Hey, are you doing okay? Didn't see you in a long time after you were tying your shoes, Anika said.

Ever heard of the Schnee dust company? Cas asked.

I do, why do you ask? Niara said.

Weiss Schnee is here, Achoo! Cas said as he sneezed dust again.

Did you eat dust? Aniki asked.

No, I inhaled it, Cas said, fixing his sunglasses.

Dust is not consumable, Niara said.

I learned that, Cas said.

Just then Ozpin turned on the microphone.

Ahem... I'll keep this brief. You have traveled here today in search of knowledge. To home your crafts and require new skills. And when you have finished, you plan to dedicate your life to the protection of the people. But I look amongst you and I see is wasted energy in need of purpose, direction. You assumed knowledge will free you of this, but your time at this school will prove that knowledge can carry you so far. It is up to you to take the first step, Ozpin said.

That line, where did I remember that? Cas said to himself.

You will gather in the ballroom tonight. Tomorrow your initiation begins. Be ready, Glynda said.

Let's get ready for tomorrow, Aniki said.

After a while, the night had arrived. Everyone was in the ballroom for tempermental sleeping area, except for Cas, he'd been outside the ballroom trying his best to unlock his suitcase once more.

AGH! Why can't I remember!? He mumbled in anger.

He then placed the suitcase back to his side and curled up against the wall.

Stupid Amnesia, why me? Why now? Cas said.

Everything alright Mr. Mccann? Ozpin said.

No, I just... I want my memories back, I've been trying to unlock my suitcase to see if it restores all of it, Cas said.

Hmm... why not try doing it one step at time, Ozpin said.

Cas looked and noticed a smaller compartment on his suitcase.

He then unzipped it to find drawings of grimm, it listed their behavior, attacks, and their names, a Beowolf, a Beringel, a Nevermore, a Geist, and they all had one thing in common, the drawing had Cas' name in cursive on them.

I drew these, Cas said, until a memory came in.

*flashback*

Cas had been drawing the grimm, with their weaknesses.

Hey, what have you been doing? A girl said.

Been making note of the grimm around the town, here i have this i finish, Cas said.

No way, now we can kill grimm more easily, a girl said.

*end of flashback*

I research grimm so me and someone else could kill grimm faster, Cas said.

He then placed the drawing back and zipped it away.

Guess I'll call it a day, Cas said laying on his side.

Just as Cas was about to close his eyes, someone woke him.

Hey, we sleep over here, someone said.

Cas then got up and raised his sunglasses to see a skinny looking boy who had black hair.

I think i'm fine here, besides, i can't find my pajama pants, Cas said as he laid back down.

Well alright, night pal, the boy said.

As Cas fell in his slumber, he saw that he was running in a forest and loud noises could be heard from behind.

He then ran till a giant grimm knocked a tree over, blocking his path.

He then turned at both the giant grimm and the ones behind him.

Just then he looked at his hands till they began to transform into grimm like flesh.

Just then Cas woke up from his nightmare swinging.

Whoa! Easy! Aniki said, pinning him to the ground.

Oh, what happened? Did I talk in my sleep? Cas asked.

No you were yelping, Niara said.Oh man, why did things go downhill in my head, Cas asked.

He then noticed the black haired boy standing with them.

Hey, you're the same guy from last night, Cas said getting up.

Yep, name's Nick Tanner, im looking for three more people to join and i found you guys, he said.

Huh, guess that makes us a group, Cas said.

Well groups are limited to four so i think we can work, Nick said.

We welcome, name's Cas Mccann, Cas said.

Thanks, hope that Amnesia goes away, Nick said.

Thanks, wait did you tell him about it? Cas asked.

Yep, both Aniki and Nairi said.