chapter 10 suspects, threats, and love

It was the next day after the mech incident, everyone was in the sparring dome where Pyrrha was fighting the entire team of CRDL. But Cas was in a small case, the mysterious transfer students, two of them who were sitting next to Team RWBY. They go by the names of Mercury and Emerald.

Well done miss Nikos. You should have no problem qualifying for the tournament, Glynda said.

Thank you professor, Pyrrha said.

Alright, now I know that's a tough act to follow but we have time for one more sparring match, any volunteers? Glynda asked.

Everyone was quiet, most likely hesitant.

Miss belladonna? You've been rather docile for the past few classes, why don't you- she said til mercury raised his hand.

I'll do it, he said.

Mercury is it? Very well. Let's find you an opponent, Glynda said.

Actually, I wanna fight... her, mercury said, pointing at Pyrrha.

Me? Pyrrha said.

I'm afraid Miss Nikos has just finished a match, I'd recommend you choose another partner, Glynda said.

No! It's fine. I'd be happy to oblige, Pyrrha said.

Cas' eyes were now fixed that one of his suspects was sparring one of his friends.

As he did a roundhouse kick, he held onto a kneeling position... a bit too long.

He then jumped onto Pyrrha's shield to which he had some gunshots boost him off.

I forfeit, he responded.

You, don't even want to try? Pyrrha questioned.

What's the point? You're a world renowned fighter, we're obviously leagues apart, mercury said.

In that case, Pyrrha Nikos is the victor of the match, again, Glynda said.

Cas soon noticed that Emerald was smiling, this made the case string his brain. Those two were up to something.

Just then the bell rang.

Now remember the dance is this weekend, but you all have your very first mission on monday, i will not accept any excuses, Glynda said.

Cas then walked out of class and to the hall.

Hey Cas, you have time outside your office? Nairi asked.

Eh, I could squeeze in free time, what is it? Cas said.

It's uhh... the dance? Nairi said awkwardly.

Really? You want to dance with me? Cas said.

Yeah, I have nothing to do on the weekend so... Nairi said.

Sure, detectives need days off once a while, Cas said, holding the folders in his arms.

Hey, you've been helping Blake with the white fang case, what's with the second one? Nairi asked.

Just suspicion I got... Cas said til he leaned into Nairi's ear.

The transfer students, he whispered in her ear.

Do you think so? Nairi said.

I think so, Cas said looking around.

But I like to ask, will we ever take part in the tournament? Nairi asked.

I don't think we're that type of material, we still need to get this white fang stuff out of the way, it may also become training, Cas said.