chapter 6: honor and test

It was close till shut eye, the four had been arranging their dorm, from using the short bookshelf to divide their territories, beds in the good areas, and their items.

Aah, this is paradise, separate territories, friends to brighten your day, what else can i ask? Cas said.

I'm still getting you that gun I promised you, Nick said.

Oh yeah, guess the whole Grimm hunter ability had me up, let's get it tomorrow we got classes to pass, Cas said.

Huh, you've been acting differently after you found your past, Aniki said.

Yeah, i've been hoping to get stronger, hey i told you my ability, why don't you guys tell me your abilities? Cas said.

Oh I actually don't know how to control it, I have scream shadder, when I get angry and scream, it tends to hurt anything in its path, Nairi said.

Oh alright, Aniki? Cas asked.

Honestly it's not in me but it comes from my suit, it allows me to do charging attacks and break things in my path, Aniki said.

Suit built ability, Nick? Cas said until he noticed Nick was missing.

Did he leave the room? Cas questioned.

Nope, Nick said.

The three looked to see that Nick had appeared in Cas' area.

Wait, you can camouflage? Nairi said.

Yeah, I used to be a thief in my town, til my parents grounded me for it, Nick said.

That is a good skill, well i think it's that time, see ya in the morning, Cas said rolling into bed.

The next morning they were in a battle stage where they watched Jaune and Cardin were dueling, Jaune was losing by a long shot.

I could beat the guy, Cas said.

I think I would too, Nairi said.

Maybe, Aniki said.

I couldn't, Nick said.

Cardin soon did a dirty move by kneeing Jaune in the stomach, making him fall to the ground.

Just as Cardin was about to deal a finishing blow, a buzzer went off.

Cardin, that's enough, Glynda said.

Glynda then walked forward to give everyone a moral.

Students, as you can see Mr. Arc's aura has dropped into the red. In a tournament style duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle and that the official may call the match, she said.

Cas felt bad for Jaune, the kid doesn't have the skill to fight properly.Remember everyone! The Vytal festival is only a few months away, it won't be long before students from the other kingdoms start arriving in vale, so keep practicing, Glynda said.

More people to meet, Cas muttered.

Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale, Glydna said.

Just then the bell rang for lunch.

As they were eating their lunch in the cafeteria, Nora was telling them a story, though it was a false to ren, Cas kinda liked stories, even if they were true or not.

Hey, Jaune doesn't look too happy, Aniki said.

Jaune... are you okay, Pyrrha asked him.

It took awhile but Jaune snapped out of it.