chapter 14: dangers of knowing

As Cas and Aniki rushed to team rwby's dorm to get answers, but as they turned the corner they noticed atlas guards in front of their door.

Oh! Cas yelped.

Aniki then grabbed him and pulled him to the corner.

Thanks, Cas whispered.

They then peered around the corner to see ironwood leave the room.

He's gone, now it's our turn for answers, Aniki said.

They then ran to the door, Cas then knocked on it to where Ruby opened it.

Cas? Aniki? What are you doing here? Are you here for answers? Ruby said.

Not really, just questioning, Cas said.

The two then entered the room to see the others, sad that they were disqualified from the tournament.

Hey Aniki, I'm sorry for disappointing you, Yang said.

We're not here to scold you, we're here because we know you didn't do it with intention, Aniki said.

Wait, you know who did it? Weiss asked.

The two then looked at each other, then back at them.

There was outside intervention, Cas said.

You know who tricked Yang? Who did it? Ruby said.

Unfortunately, I must resign myself from telling, Cas said.

But they- Blake said til Aniki spoke.

Knowledge of knowing what it may sound good, but we don't want you girls in any more trouble, he said.

But we're your friends, you can tell us, Ruby begged.

I'm sorry, but we have another team helping us on this case, and we have our eyes on them, Cas said.

The two then left the room feeling bad to deny their help.

As they ran back to their dorm to rest for the day, Nick made it back with him out of breath.

You're back, what did you get? Cas asked.

Nick was still catching his breath.

Mercury... Is faking it, he said, getting his breath.

Faking it, I knew it, Aniki said.

That's not all... He and his team... are planning something, Nick said.

Planning something? That's not good one bit, anything else? Cas asked.

Nick soon regained his lungs.

They *are* a part of the white fang! Nick said.

Stinking clean evidence, let's go! Cas cheered.

I'll go rest after that event, Nick said as he went to the dorm.

Yeah, I got to put the newest evidence on the board, aniki? Cas said as he stepped away.

You go on ahead, I need to calm my head, Aniki said.

Aniki then left the academy and sat in front of a fountain.

"Keep walking, keep walking, as long as your arms hold, keep walking, keep walking, as big as your heart holds", he chanted to which he looked into the water to see his reflection.

"Walk alone, you'll lose your sight, far and high is no place for one, many will climb, many may dig, you'll walk as you will," Aniki said.

He then looked at the photo of the disbanded team, he could see the near loss until Yang's mother saved them from death.