chapter 15: the after fall

It was a few days after the fall of beacon, cas was at a park sitting on a bench mirroring the event of Pyrrha's death.

Pyrrha, he mounted.

He was still broken.

I miss you, you were kind, heartwarming, brave, skilled, and yet... Cinder killed you, I'll make the white fang and her team pay, Cas said.

He wasn't in love with her, she was a good friend to pat his back and him to pat her's. Now she's gone.

He then took a breath and grabbed his suitcase from beside him and stood up.

As he took a step outside of the park he had gotten a call. He then pulled out his scroll to answer the call.

Hello? He said picking it up.

Hey, this is "modern survivor channel", we heard of Beacon academy's falling and many students from there said you were a detective around there, you wouldn't happen to have time to tell your story? The caller asked.

I'll think about it, just send me your location, Cas said.

Absolutely, the caller said.

Cas then ended the call and placed his scroll in his pocket.

I need to head to Ruby and Yang's home to get information, Catie did tell me Yang did get her hand chopped off, he said to himself.

He then looked around and noticed a cab driving his way.

He then held his thumb out in the road to halt it.

Where to buddy? the driver asked.

Cas then pulled out his notepad with his desired location on it and handed it to the driver.

Alright, hop in, the driver said.

He then got in and traveled to his location. He then pulled out his scroll to see he got a text from the radio channel of their location. He then wrote it down on his notepad.

As he finished, he exited out of the tab to text his team and team SCLT.

"Hey guys, are you doing alright where you're at?" he texted.

He waited, though they didn't respond. This made him sigh, no one behind his back.

After a long drive, the cab reached its destination.

This is your stop kid, the driver said.

Here you go, and could you wait an hour, and he, i'll give you a bonus so you can wait with reward, Cas said giving the driver lien.

He then exited the cab to walk to the house where Ruby and her family were living.

He then walked to the front door, to which he took a breath and rang the doorbell to where their father opened the door.

Hello, do you need anything? He asked.

I'm Cas McCann, I'm a part-time detective, I'm also a friend of your daughters, I'm here to ask a few questions, Cas said.

Alright, go on ahead, he said letting Cas said.

As he entered he noticed Yang had one less arm.

So Catie was telling me the truth, you did lose an arm, Cas said.

I'm fine right now, Yang said.

I know, the important thing is that you're alive, where's your sister? Cas said.

She's in bed, Qrow said.

Cas looked to see Qrow standing.

You were pretty torn by that event, losing Pyrrha, losing the school, Qrow said.