chapter 11: mission case

It was the next day, Nick and Ruby were heading up to Ozpin's office to talk to them about the incident. But ruby however thought it would be funny to press all the buttons, which nick highly told her not to.

Ruby, what did I just say? Don't press all the buttons, Nick said.

I'm sorry, I just thought it would be fun, Ruby said.

Nick sighed from her actions.

Now we'll be late, Nick said.

After many floor stops they finally reached Ozpin's floor where Nick pressed the doorbell.

Come in, Ozpin said.

The two then entered the room where Ozpin, Glynda and the general of Atlas were standing.

Sorry for being late, someone thought it would be funny to press all the buttons, Nick said.

Thank you for coming you two, how are you feeling? Ozpin asked.

We're fine, Ruby said.

Just bumped that the thief got away, Nick said.

Nick, Ruby, I feel it's appropriate to let you know that what you did last night is exactly what being a huntress and a huntsmen is all about, you recognized a threat, you took action, and you did the very best you could, the general said.

Thank you sir, Ruby said.

I do like to add, it wasn't just a huntsmen thing I pulled, it was more of a detective shot, Nick said.

Why yes, you and your friends are detectives, the general said.

Now, the general here has already informed us of the events that transpired last night. But now that you've rested we were wondering if you two had anything to add, Ozpin said.

Was anyone else with her? Did she look familiar to you at all? Glynda asked.

Not to part, but if my memory is correct she had long black hair, only her mask covered a small amount of her face, nick said.

She also fought us with glass, I don't think that was her semblance though, her clothes lit up whenever she attacked, Ruby asked.

Save for the glass, that sounds like the woman I fought the night we met Ruby and Cas, Glynda said.

Embedding dust into clothing is an age-old technique. It could have been anyone, The general said.

Something like the evidence we have on Torchwick and the White fang, Nick said.

It's possible, the evidence your team collected may be helpful but might not be enough to link it together, ozpin added.

But actually I think I remember her saying something about a hideout or something... in the southeast, just outside the kingdom, Ruby said.

Interesting, Ozpin said.

Nick soon was then dismissed to return to the dorms.

Hey, Nick, how did it go? Aniki asked.

Not good, they hacked into the system and got away, Nick said.

That's not good, that means they probably have access to the system, Cas said.

It gets worse, when I confronted the thief, they mentioned you Cas, Nick said.

Really? Did you get any evidence or clue on their looks? Cas asked.

They had long black hair, Glynda even mentioned seeing the same person the day you and Rudy fought, Nick added.

Oh you mean them, you might be right, thanks for the clues, I'm going to ask Team RWBY about it to get a better picture, Cas said.