chapter 7: work and time

It had been awhile being at Beacon, working at the gun shop, learning how to become a proper hunter, going through missions, it was tiring for him, but one day might come, the Vytal festival, a day where students from the other kingdoms came to vale. Cas had been wandering around vale alone, he had heard that the students would be coming from ship, so he made it to the docks. But as he made it he noticed team RWBY walked by the docks.

Hey girls, he said.

Hey Cas, we're here to see all the foreign students arrive, yang said.

Really, i was hoping that too, Cas said

Whoa! Ruby exclaimed.

They looked to see that a dust shop got hit.

As they got closer to the police tape, the place felt as if the horror of its event had followed it.

What happened here? Ruby asked one of the detectives.

Robbery. Second dust shop to be hit this week. Place is turning into a jungle, the detective responded.

That's terrible, Yang responded.

This could be related to the Torchwick case, Cas muttered to himself.

They left all the money again, a detective said.

That line caught both Ruby and Cas' ears.

Yeah, just doesn't make a lick o'sense. Who needs that much dust? The detective said.

I dunno, ya know what i mean? The other detective said.

You thinking the uh, white fang? The first detective said.

Cas then pulled out his handy, dandy notepad to write down clues. "Recent dust shops being sucked dry of dust" and "the white fang"

Hmph, the white fang, what an awful bunch of degenerates, Weiss said.

What's your problem? Blake responded.

My problem? I simply don't care for criminally insane, Weiss said.

The white fang is hardly a bunch of psychopaths. They're a collection of misguided faunus, Blake said.

Misguided group controlled by one idiot who had an agenda for power, Cas said.

So then they're 'very' misguided, Blake said.

There's a fine line from these attacks, they either don't know what's right or wrong, or they are willingly doing it, Cas said.

Either way, it doesn't explain why they would rob a dust shop in the middle of downtown vale, Blake said.

Hmm, Blake's got a point. Besides, the police never caught that Torchwick guy. Me and Cas ran into a few months ago... maybe it was him, Ruby said.

As Cas was quiet, a shout pulled him out.

Hey! Stop that faunus! Someone shouted.

The five rushed to the railing to see a monkey like faunus escaping a boat, Cas felt just to laugh, he was a stowaway too.

The faunus then played with the two detectives and fled from them.

Run buddy! Run! Cas cheered.

Well Weiss, you want to see the competition, and there it goes, yang said.

Quick! We have to observe him! Weiss said.

Soon Weiss, Yang and Ruby led the hunt, but as Cas took a few steps he noticed Blake was in a weak trans.