" childhood. '' | one

I didn't know how to spell "protaloge" so I had to resort to a different title.. :,(

"childhood."
1

- ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ -

"Tag! Ur it, Xiao!" You giggled, running away from Xiao. He had a smile on his face, while continuing to chase you relentlessly. "I'm gonna get you..." Xiao quickly runs over to you, grabbing your hand. You had stopped running, as he let go of your hand.

"Wha- Hey!! That's not how you play it!!" You pouted, before running after Xiao. Still.. he was still faster than you. Finally, you had reached him, and took his hand in yours. We ran together..

Finally, the two of you run to a tall hill, collapsing on top of it. You let out an exhausted sigh, as you sat up. Xiao did as well, before turning to you. His eyes lingered on your expression, as if he wanted to say something.

"I know, but can we promise something?" You turn to Xiao, he looks away, almost as if he felt embarrassed. You simply nodded, bringing your face closer to his, so you could hear better. He slightly backed away, before looking back at you.

"When we grow up, I wanna marry you.." Xiao yells out, causing you to get off guard. You slightly backed away, before a small smile appeared on your face.

"Promise we can when we are older?" He holds out a pinky to me. You hesitate for a moment, but you also bring your pinky out, locking his with yours. A smile appeared on his face, which also caused a gentle smile to appear on yours, too.

The both of you giggle, before laying down onto the hot, heated grass. The sun glared in your eyes, while you tried to block it using your hand. "The suns to bright, i can't see~!!" You whined.

Xiao covers the sun casting on your face with his arm, while resting his other under his head.. like a pillow.

"Remember the promise, Y/N." Xiao says, sternly. He still kept a smile..

Promise me.
Promise..

The words echo in your head, seeing Xiao beside me just makes it worse.

You just wanted to talk to him, so, so badly.. but it's been so long. Why would he even want to talk to you so suddenly after.. months? You didn't even know what caused this.. maybe he was mad at you? Maybe you were being too clingy?

But.. Now, you and Xiao don't talk to each other. You two don't even interact with each other. Not even gaze at each other's eyes.

You've gotta admit, you hate it, but it is what it is. You've even seen him being bullied.. but really, you can't do anything. You just felt pathetic, but.. you feel like if you helped him, wouldn't he just be mad with you? You thought. You know it's bad not to help, but.. you can't bring yourself to.

You hated it all.

Soon, however, you noticed a girl walking up to you. She had brown, long hair.. in pigtails. She was wearing your middle school uniform.. it looked cute on her, you thought.

"Hey, why so down?" She asks, raising her eyebrow. You pause for a moment, until answering. "Ah, nothing really!" Your voice sounded a lot more.. quiet, more panicky. You just hoped she didn't catch onto what you was doing.

You looked up to her, seeing her smile also puts a little smile on your face. "Aiya.. well, i've seen you a lot before. You seem so.. quiet.. and I never see you hang out with anybody else but yourself.."

"Are you sure you're alright?" She asked again, a hint of worry present in her tone of voice. You simply nodded, keeping a smile. "Well.. if so, then.. oh! I really like that cute crystal fly necklace you got there, it's really shiny.."

"Really? Thanks.. I.. got it from a friend." You replied. Your eyes scanned her figure.. She was pretty. "You're really pretty! what's your name?" You ask the girl.

"Hu tao! How about you?" She asks.

"I'm Y/N L/N."

"Friends?" The girl asks, bringing a hand to you. You hesitated for a moment, but then thought. "I wouldn't be so alone if I became her friend.. and it would help distract me from all these thoughts.."

"Friends." You replied, before Hu Tao held onto your hand, and helped you up. She quickly led you somewhere, over to her own desk. You felt a little awkward when you two were heading to her desk, you could see a bunch of people there.

"Lumine! You guys!~" Hu Tao calls over her friends. You slightly froze up, before taking in a deep breath. You didn't really want to embarrass yourself in front of her friends.. that wouldn't be such a good start to a new found friendship.

"This is Y/N L/N!! We've just become friends!" Hu Tao smiled. A faint smile again appeared on your face, as you waved at them.

"How do you easily make friends like.. everyday?" The blonde girl asks.

"Aiyaa!! I'm just popular, can't you see?" She poses like some barbie. You couldn't help but let out a chuckle..

- ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ -

word count before editing - 387 words !

word count after editing - 881 words !!