( 1k reads bonus ! ) childhood. | seventeen

childhood.

- ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ -

[ your pov!! ]

As a child, Xiao was a lot more open, happy, but still quiet as ever. Now, he's a lot more cold, quiet, and dull.

Sometimes, people aren't just born that way, it's their life experiences that change them as a person. Still, even if they seemed like they changed as a person, they can usually warm up to people they like, and reveal their old personality again.

I remember, the promise, when we met, when his mother and friends died. I remember the happy moment, sad moments, when he ignored me, and when we talked again. It's so crazy how far he's gone..

I'm really proud of him.

I continue to look through my phone, also looking st old photos of me and Xiao. Suddenly, I come across a photo titled " how i met XIao " inside the photo album. The grammar wasn't the best, so was the handwriting. I think I wrote it all beside the photo, yet the handwriting and grammar was still as horrible as ever.

It read: " today I met a kid name Xiao!! he quiet but I like hem. he showed me how to draw a black cat, I lov it! I will update what happen to us in future, bye!!! " As always, my grammer wasn't the best. Surprizingly, my handwriting got a bit better.

Suddenly, I find another hidden note from behind the photo. I open it, seeing writing scattered everywhere. It seems like I passed a note to him, and he wrote something else on it. It was a little hard where I started, but younger me had drawn arrows, which was nice.

I think I wrote this when Xiao and I were in our last year's of elementary. I think that was when both his mother, and friends died. After that, for four to five years, we never really talked to eachother. I still remember that so vividly.

I read the note aloud, this both of my parents weren't home.

" Xiao, are you ok? You seem very down, can you tell me what happened? I'm.. worried. " I mumble. Suddenly, I remember this whole conversation with him, and chatting about it.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Recently, Xiao looked extremely down. He even didn't come to school for two weeks, but was then forced to go back to school due to how long he was absent. Now, everyone ignored him, but me. They didn't like how he acted now, since he suddenly became more colder, and meaner.

I'd write on a peice of paper, handing it to Xiao, who was sitting right next to me. He took a glace at the note, then began writing. Our teacher, Zhongli, who was also Xiao's father, was currently teaching us about more math.

I recently heard that Zhongli might become a principal of a highschool soon, that's really awesome!

Suddenly, snapping out of my thoughts, Xiao handed me my note back. I opened it, and read the following. My mom, and my 4 friends died. My mom passed away a month ago, but I still can't get over it. My four friends died because of a kidnapping, they saved me.

I felt like crying, I felt extremely bad for him. I quickly wrote something else on a empty space, putting arrows just in case he gets confused on where I wrote. It read: that's horrible :( I'll try my best to cheer you up! ok? And if you wanna, you can tell me your sad feelings to me!

I quickly slipped the note on his desk, looking back at our teacher a few seconds later to avoid suspicious on both Xiao and I. Xiao looks at the note, and reads it. I saw a small smile creeping up on his face, it was adorable!!

He stuffed the note in his back pocket, before continuing to listen to our teacher.

·̩͙꒰ঌ✞໒꒱· ゚

As I was about to greet Xiao before class, he had a sad look on his face, and walked away from me. I followed him, asking what was wrong, but he ignored me again. I suddenly felt a little sad.

I know Xiao would never ignore me, well, he did do that back when we first met. Still, it feels very unusual.

Days after weeks, weeks into months. We suddenly stopped all contact with eachother. I barley talk about it with my friend Hu Tao and her friend group, but those thoughts keep swirling in my head.

Even after elementary, and into middle school, he still ignored me completely. I just hated this, I just wanted to talk to him, and comfort him. I want to tell him everything in my life. All my worries, regrets, and happy moment both just me and me and Xiao shared.

I felt incomplete without Xiao. I've known him for so long, and for this to happen continously, just makes me upset at myself. I'm not sure what I did, I thought he just needed time away from me to process all the deaths that has happened in his life.

I just might be wrong.

Despite all my sadness and regrets about him, I still like him. Ever since we were little, we both liked eachother. When we were children, he even promised to marry me once we grew up.

I just can't hate him, but hate myself for what happened. I don't want to talk to anybody about it, I feel I'd just burden them. I've caused enough trouble, i feel like I've also gotten meaner, somehow.

Back when Xiao and I were still talking to eachother in elementrary, I was so much nicer. I just wish that huge aspect of me never went away, but in the end, it did when Xiao and I stopped interacting with eachother.

Xiao was super important to me, which was why I changed so much after.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

I remember all the worries and regrets that stuck with me when I was growing up back in middle school. I feel extremely lucky Xiao and I finally re - established our relationship, and we even began dating.

I smile, continuing to flip through my photo album.

- ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ -

A/N

OMGOMGKGG DMFM THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR 1K READS <333
WHEN I WOKE UP AND SAW THAT MY BOOK GOT 1K READS I LEGIT YELLED OUT KF HAPPINESS

omg like thank you all so much this is a huge goal for me <33

This is a little bonus back in your childhood, and happens when Xiao and you stop interacting with eachother, hoped you enjoy!! <33

- from yours truly, mio.

- ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ -

WORD COUNT - 1110 words!